U-Know! Forum »
Galloway vs Hitchins

Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Wiggy
1696 posts

Galloway vs Hitchins
Aug 29, 2005, 08:45
George Galloway and Christopher Hitchins ("Chris" as he hates to be called) are debating at The Mason Hall, Baruch College performing arts centre, Manhattan on Sept 14th. If yr in the States, go. There will be fireworks!
Wiggy
1696 posts

Re: Galloway vs Hitchins
Aug 29, 2005, 08:51
....you've probably guessed, I'm hoping Galloway wins.
I used to like "The Hitch" ( as his giggling sycophantic fanclub like to call him) for his wit, breadth of knowledge, independent left wing stance, and romantic but masculine projection of gonzo journalist - Now I've grown up and he's gone to the right, I see him for the intellectual snob and bully he really is. I hope George pulverises him!
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 29, 2005, 15:10
Hitchens stinks! Yet another P.J. O'Rourke smart-ass...
Wiggy
1696 posts

Aug 29, 2005, 16:03
Indeed! There's two fellas that need to grow up, and stop pretending that they're romantic yet cynical characters in some film.
Hitchins is such a twat! And a snob, and a bully - I saw him again at the Hay Book Fest this year - he gave someone in the audience the brush-off by saying "I was expecting a Proustian question"!!!!
I was dying for somebody to put their hand up and give the arrogant fucker the question he wanted - but in French!
And these fawning young pricks (of both sexes) that seem to follow him around like groupies have to be seen and heard to be believed!
Wiggy
1696 posts

Aug 30, 2005, 09:26
Hello and welcome back, my citric friend. =;O)
Wiggy
1696 posts

Aug 30, 2005, 10:36
.......they haven't banned you again already, have they?
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 30, 2005, 14:48
Just heard of Salmon Rushdie ripping Galloway to pieces. Something Hitchens would've have done...

http://books.guardian.co.uk/news/articles/0,6109,1558489,00.html?gusrc=rss
Lawrence
9547 posts

Aug 30, 2005, 14:50
Is kalamansi another word for 'lemon'? Would be a surprise that he'd attack Hitchens or O'Rourke. Hadn't even attacked Galloway or other 'bleeding heart liberals' yet. (Ehh)
Lawrence
9547 posts

err
Aug 30, 2005, 15:12
'wouldn't have'. Damn it!
Wiggy
1696 posts

Aug 30, 2005, 16:07
I think that by "either of 'em" he meant GG and CH, rather than PJO'R.
Yeah, Kalamansi is a lime like fruit from The Phillipines - I do hope Lemon keeps this up, it's good fun.
Actually though, I've got no problem with him being here, although we seldom agree - I don't think he's done anything that's beyond the pale for a forum like this, and we are all big grown ups.

As for Rushdie and GG - I don't think George was doing anything bad in saying "take care, and consider all viewpoints/sensitivities". I would be as angry as Rushdie appears to be if I thought Galloway was advocating censorship on religious grounds.
Pages: 3 – [ 1 2 3 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index