88 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
grufty jim
grufty jim
1978 posts

Re: "I 've got rights !"....
Aug 05, 2005, 20:52
"I've always thought that it was a stupid/daft thing to do."

My instinctive reaction when someone waves a gun at me (and thankfully it's not happened very often) is to get the hell away from them. If three guys in plain clothes started tailing me as I was on my way somewhere, and then suddenly pulled out guns and started shouting, I have to admit that my first reaction would be to get away from them. Even if I heard them claim to be police, there's still every chance I'd run.

At least that way I'm putting some control of the situation back in my own hands and away from the three shouty blokes with guns.

"If you've got nothing to hide why run."

Because maybe I don't want to be hassled by people with guns? Maybe I've got my month's wages on me and I think they might be muggers? Maybe I've just scored some nice skunk and I don't fancy a random stop-n-search? Maybe my visa is out-of-date and I don't want an encounter with immigration? Maybe some local nutcase has taken a dislike for me because I spilt his pint and the blokes ordering me to stop are his mates coming to beat the shit out of me?

And I haven't even got going yet. You're seriously wondering why people would decide to run away from three blokes with guns who may or may not be police and are barrelling towards them at full tilt? You have a limited imagination if you can't come up with even one single reason that might apply to you at some place and some time.
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index