ThEe SuPeRNaTuRaL sPoOkYnEss

Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

CoNfUsEd cHArlIe
Aug 03, 2001, 15:56
ERR'm u R gETTing A lITTlE CRiPTIC sTrAY dOod . LAY off THE aJAX mate! SenT u A noize MAKER 2 SUCK on!
tRY iT and C!
yEe CHARRR7%
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: eGg~sIsS~10eNcE! BLInG*
Aug 09, 2001, 13:12
Y FanKS dOoD*
mAy ThE IsSnEsS b WiTh u*
yEe cHuCkEr*
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: tHe DeAtH doGgY PhaZe 4!
Aug 09, 2001, 13:27
cOmMIn dOwN tHAt fEaRfUl MoRnInG ...wE SaT taKiNg iN ThEe divINeEE ReAliTy ... " iS tHAT a dOggY iNtHe dISTANCE" ? qUesTiOnEd dR. RoBeRt. 5 MiNs later we were iN tHeE company of a Big BLACK dOgGy...A fLeEbITTeN mangYy cReAtUrE That was PANTING as it climbed thee tour.."Give it a drink DoOd It lOoks Ill" I sAID OuT OF pItTy for this shagged out lOoKING CREATURE.
But ThE DoGGy Just walked by as if we were not there. Then out of no where came this massive sense of sadness..."That dogs going up there 2 die" stated thee dr. rob! Can't quite work out y? But I knew He WAS RIGHT ! WEiIeRD fEelIngs But yet unmisstakable bit like when one enters an old folkes home or a cancer ward U can SENSE THEE gRiM rEePER @ yer elbow U-know. sPoOKY bUT sad! O' well EVEN dOGgies HAVE 2 DIE.!
Proserpine
195 posts

Re: do we all speak tke same language?
Aug 09, 2001, 15:48
oooo-ar! Alcohol & other intoxicants certainly seem to improve one's language & communication capacities at the time of being intoxicated, or is this just delusion? After a couple of continental measure vodkas, my spanish is absolutely feckin impeccable, amigo! Or again with psychedelics/MDMA there's always that communal interconnected feeling with others (esp. with others on the same 'trip' ) It's something that transcends words, goes back to that primal ISness.
Even if we don't speak a word of someone's language, we can still get on & get by with gestures & expressions - even understand what their saying in context.
I was interested to read in Rudgley's Lost Civilisations of the Stone Age that some barmy linguists are trying to trace & classify the supposed original Ur-lanuage of us humans. Very debatable & probably unknowable, but they came up with certain basics like: water, fire, he, she etc that seemed to have exactly the same root sound in a massive variety of language groups. Ak-wa being water ( can't remember the others off-hand)
Yes, we do all speak the same language, after all we're all human with the same basic needs of love, food, shelter, knowledge, contentment and so on...
BE!

interesting language website:-
www.travlang.com/languages
learn basics of over 70 different wierd & wonderful languages, with sound files to hear pronunciation!
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Aug 09, 2001, 16:53
U.. GoT It dOoD*
egG-SiSs-10ENCE....IS wOt wE ReAlLy sHARE...tHAT gOES way BeYond ThEe taLkY Talky StUFF*
yEe chUCK*)
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 14, 2001, 01:41
Plus, there's always the universally understood aspects of body language (e.g. laughter, eye contact, and other more negative facial expressions like anger or grief) to consider. These can sometimes help to overcome the limitations of verbal communication if two people do not speak the same language.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Aug 14, 2001, 14:19
Not true at all. Body language is very different from culture to culture. For example, in India ppl nod their heads to mean the absolute opposite of what we in england do. Led to much personal confusion until someone enlightened me.

We don't all speak the same language, and that's a good thing I reckon. A universal tongue would threaten diversity. Big fan of diversity me. There is no perfect tool of expression; written, spoken, played or drawn. Which is a good thing too I think, it makes perception the only commonality. Which in itself is a contradiction. My perception isn't your perception, but we do all have a perception. Perception, little points thereof, it's all I think we can be sure of. Points of perception examining the accident and playing out the possibilities.

hop, skip and jump into existentialism. WAAURRGHH!!! WE'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND EACH OTHER, WURRAGGHH!!! WE'RE ALL DOOMED.
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Re: ExISSs10ulisM
Aug 14, 2001, 15:12
yOuR RiGhT tHeRe Mr. StRAY...
tHeE exIsSs10Ulist Jail SEN10ce
We r aLL dOoMED.
yEe ChuCKER
nOW wheres My CoMmunion Gone??
Popel Vooje
5373 posts

Aug 14, 2001, 20:04
I didn't say that ALL body language was universal, as I'm aware that certain things like greetings do vary appreciably throughout the world. However, there are still basic emotional and reflexive reactions such as smiling, laughing, frowning or -in extreme cases - turning white with fear, which are instinctive rather than cultural, and are therefore understood worldwide. It is also argued by some people - although I don't necessarily agree - that music can speak a universal language. Yes, it's true that without cultural diversity the world would be a very dull and homogenous place, but there are still basic modes of communication which are common to all areas. Are we really all doomed? I hope not, as I don't want to lose my passion for existance just yet.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Aug 15, 2001, 12:11
heh. I was 'aving a laff. I don't think an inability to communicate dooms us. In fact, half the time, not understanding each other probably enhances the chances of our species surviving. I share your misgivings about Music being a universal language. After all, it can't be universal if it relates to personal taste can it ? Though, as recently reinforced by whatever it is that kicks my existance from one point to another, discussing (or trying) to discuss music with a common language (like english) can end in more misunderstandings and grief than would have occured if you hadn't even tried to communicate.

Though I wish we could talk to each other in chords, it would be a lot more emotive than spoken/written language could ever be. Cool, you could get a lot accross like that, at least three ideas could be expressed at exactly the same time.
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index