U-Know! Forum »
Polite notice for Pro Hunt Supporters

65 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
duckbreath
254 posts

Re: Polite notice for Pro Hunt Supporter
Sep 29, 2004, 17:23
but i would swap any amount of fox hunting legislation for an improvement in the lives of hundreds of millions - hundreds of millions! of chickens who are bred in captivity in tiny spaces to be too heavy for their legs - i seriously would - i think meat eaters can not possibly be opposed to fox hunting - if you eat supermarket meat you help legitimize systematic misery for so many animals you can not truly care about animal welfare - it's has to be impossible doesn't it?

the word 'sport' is not a useful word and the theoretical value of hunting (if there is one) is better expressed in other ways - i don't know too much about the details or history but i think their argument is along the lines of: being a traditional method (if not now out-moded) of pest control that binds the countryside community together through all it's established ranks and functions and also binds people with their ancestors and descendants - also there is an intellectual argument i have heard that hunting, like music can restore human beings to their long forgotten primitive and pre-modern state and creates a bond between the species of human, horse and a pack of dogs (in their natural state) that is a lost experience in the modern technological world -

I honestly don't know the true merits of these arguments having no experience of hunting but they don't seem absurd and i am worried if the anti-hunt lobby don't at least try to understand these ideas (along with the logical argument about animal welfare already stated) then what governments/pressure groups will try to understand my beliefs and interests before they decide to ban things that are important to me?
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index