U-Know! Forum »
Polite notice for Pro Hunt Supporters

65 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
duckbreath
254 posts

Re: Polite notice for Pro Hunt Supporter
Sep 29, 2004, 16:50
pro hunters aren't my favourite group of people but there is a mistaken logic about banning fox hunting as far as i can see when people who eat meat contribute to the systematic torture and misery of hundreds of millions of animals each year as compared to hundreds of foxes - people say 'ah yes but they get pleasure out of killing the fox' as if their pleasure from eating a chicken burger doesn't come from creating a huge amount of misery for the animal involved - if the government had any logic to its plans it would outlaw the meat industry and lock up all meat eaters and anglers as well as the fox hunters - i think we should resist the impulse to criminalise fox hunters, however unpleasant they are, just because they are arrogant toffs

we should only ban hunting as part of anti-cruelty legislation that takes takes into account the behaviour of meat eaters as well as anglers/greyhound racers/ horse racing etc

if you're campaigning on the basis of class war or banning the meat industry entirely then there is a case against hunting that i think is fair enough but in terms of animal cruelty and the preservation of animals then i think doesn't really make sense - having said that i have never met any fox hunters in my life and have no first hand knowledge of their nastiness

i'm not trying to piss anyone off by writing this by the way - i think it's just a logical flaw that creates discomfort for a lot of people who support animal rights legislation
Topic Outline:

U-Know! Forum Index