Dennis Kucinich - A US View?

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Five
Five
960 posts

Re: Dennis Kucinich - A US View?
Dec 19, 2003, 18:03
Our friend also claims kucinich is doing much better than is reported - that the media is distorting how well he's doing and giving him as little and as poor press as possible. Sounds plausible, but hard to verify
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Dec 19, 2003, 18:28
The truth is we won't really know until the votes are cast . . .
Five
Five
960 posts

Dec 19, 2003, 19:04
exactly - but figuring out how to cast them so as not to feel one has wasted one's time or, worse, blown it for the rest of the world (like last time) is a trick and a half - still hard feelings on some folks' parts about: did Nader really get Bush into office by swiping Gore's votes, or what, and does it matter? Thus a lot of small level theorizing and strategizing about how to avoid such a thing this time around and still get someone 1/2 way decent in place
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Party politics
Dec 19, 2003, 19:26
Bush has wrested the "politicians make no difference"view that a lot of apathetic voters and non-voters have held. Hussein on a plate with turkey trimmings has pretty much guaranteed his election. Plus, he said himself, that he was ordained by God and will rid the world of evil. That's a lineage and promise that noone can counter, I fear.
bitteryesbitter
bitteryesbitter
370 posts

Re: YAY!!!!! Dennis Kucinich !!!!
Dec 20, 2003, 23:37
OH YA, I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING DENNIS FOR AWHILE NOW. WENT TO SEE HIM SPEAK THIS SUMMER. WILLIE NELSON, MICHELLE SHOCKED (WHO DID A LOVELY ACCAPELLA VERSION OF AN OLD FOLK-FREEDOM-FIGHTING SONG AT THE RALLY) GORE VIDAL, AND OTHERS ARE ENDORSING HIM.

ONE GREAT THING ABOUT KUCINICH IS THAT HIS TRACK RECORD OVER THE YEARS BACKS UP WHAT HE'S SPEAKING ABOUT IN HIS CAMPAIGN FOR THE PRESIDENCY. HIS DECISIONS AND ACTIONS OVER THE YEARS REALLY SPEAK FOR HIM AND SHOW WHERE HIS HEART TRULY LIES. IT'S NOT JUST A BUNCH OF STUFF HE'S SPOUTING OFF COS HE'S RUNNING FOR PREZ.

HE'S VERY MUCH AT THE GRASSROOTS LEVEL, WHICH IS ADMIRABLE. UNFORTUNATLEY, IN A COUNTRY LIKE AMERICA, THE PEOPLE THAT COME OUT ON TOP ARE THE ONES WITH $$$$$$ . SAD TO SAY THAT IT'S THE $$ RATHER THAN THE IDEALS THAT DECIDE WHO WILL MAKE IT TO THE RUN-OFF.

KUCINICH IS MY MAN, BUT I AM AFRAID HE WON'T MAKE IT TO THE FINAL RUN OFF THIS TIME AROUND. ALTHOUGH, HIS CAMPAIGN THIS TIME,...MIGHT HELP IF HE DECIDES TO RUN AGAIN FOR THE NEXT, NEXT PREZ. ELECTIONS. I HOPE HE DOES. HE WOULD BE A GREAT LEADER. WE REALLY NEED SOMEONE LIKE HIM TO HAVE A HAND AT THE HELM.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: Party politics
Dec 21, 2003, 13:42
That was a fake plastic turkey, as I pointed out before...
Lawrence
9547 posts

Re: YAY!!!!! Dennis Kucinich !!!!
Dec 21, 2003, 13:43
Anyone Gore Vidal supports sounds like someone worth voting for...
Five
Five
960 posts

peaceconcerts
Jan 08, 2004, 17:44
one of the guys in my band is doing the websites and helping out with the concert organization for this fairly large-scale (they hope) series of shows

www.peaceconcerts.org

with some Kucinich connection

it's still in the way-early stages tho
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index