Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
stray
stray
2057 posts

Re: Lying for Columbine
Oct 08, 2003, 21:54
"the other" is out there, and if we experience it it must be "real.""

Thats it. I give in. Keep on trying to apply a lingusitic based thang to what I cant describe. What a sad piece of sophistry that RAW quote is though innit ? c what I mean ?
stray
stray
2057 posts

Oct 08, 2003, 21:55
Mystic meg ??

Mysticism is terribly wank, how dare u.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Oct 08, 2003, 21:57
oh, and you made a really cool point a few posts ago about how the guy would have been better sticking to his philosophy and not dropping his own politics into it. Exactly. The less of you in it all the better. The less of anything from ego, intellect the better. It's the same in Art to me too, the less of the artist in the work , the more it's Art.
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Oct 08, 2003, 21:59
Hey I'm not upset, we're just having a friendly philosophical discussion, right?

Turned out to be pretty interesting once we got past the twats and fuck-you's, dontcha think? ;-)
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Oct 08, 2003, 22:00
Why is that "sad sophistry"? If you can answer in linguistic terms, of course.

;-)
Dog 3000
Dog 3000
4611 posts

Oct 08, 2003, 22:01
So you're saying ignore the "earthly" elements in the bible/religious texts and focus on the "spiritual" aspects?

Hey, we're getting close to agreement here!
stray
stray
2057 posts

Oct 08, 2003, 22:08
well it's self fulfilling. Yeah, I agree if you feel it it's real. But because of interpretations of words, it still sounds like a cop out, even though its all I'm saying. Which is why I'm always so bleedin angry all the time , I have this 'stuff' that cant be expressed with language. Its fustration. I have this, its more than just feeling it feeling/understanding., it ticks me off.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Oct 08, 2003, 22:11
yeah. its been very cool. I enjoy all this stuff, its good for me to be forced to explain myself and try to speak it out, though I know I never will be able to. I'm trying to use music to do it instead now. And the twats and fuck yous are an essential part of daily discourse where I grew up ;) They're greetings.
stray
stray
2057 posts

Oct 08, 2003, 22:14
Yep. Exactly. And from my own experience this here 'spirit' of the evangelical types is a neutral thing, sort of. Its a power thing, sure, but you can turn the volume down on discernment and use it anyway u like too. As in, you still have your own morals and ethics. Pauls activities proved that rather well. And so the scriptires per se are mostly political things, applications of will etc, etc. Best ignored.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Oct 08, 2003, 22:22
"embittered unenlightedness "

Especially good!

I retort thus:

I can say "so"? as well as any given teenager, and the meaning would be EVERY little bit as *unconvincing* on Tuesday as it was *convincing* on Saturday.

*be* :-)
Pages: 10 – [ Previous | 15 6 7 8 9 10 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index