Oct 03, 2003, 12:07
"We who started the war must finish the peace"

WTF?
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Re: Come again, Tony?
Oct 03, 2003, 12:21
The speeches at Conference (as far as I've seen them reported) have been full of doublespeak. Orwell would have been proud. Sorry, sick.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Oct 03, 2003, 12:26
Look, it doesn't matter who started it. Just stop it. Or you'll catch it when your father gets home.

Do you like how they're Still saying that just because noones found any weapons that it doesn't mean they don't exist. Could apply that to Martians, the loch ness monster, culture on Sheppey etc.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 03, 2003, 12:34
Finish the peace? Oi Blair! NO! We want to keep the peace going. Actually, how about starting it?

If one more blummin' Stepford politico says:
"We haven't found Saddam. Does that mean he doesn't exist?"
I'm gonna scream. It's been such a mantra over the last couple of weeks that I'm beginning to suspect he might not. He's some Kaiser Sose character created to keep us terrified and the price of oil high. You know, all those doubles....
stray
stray
2057 posts

Oct 03, 2003, 13:11
No, no, the weapons are in Iran, not Iraq, it's an N not a Q on this invasion warrant. Whoops, sorry, wrong house. ;)

Where did this Saddam was bluffing about WMD crap come from. Thats one helluva bluff, as I recall he spent all his time in the run up to the war saying he HADNT got any.

The conference was woeful. I've never seen a labour conference quite that sad. The only opposition came from the Unions, not a single constituency party rep (apart from Mr corbyn) stood up against anything. The double talk was awful. First Tony says,well, basically, admits he cant lead with diktats from above, and then says he's going to ignore party opinion on foundation hospitals. How on eart do Labour Party members put up with the complete lack of democracy in their party. oh, wait..
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Oct 03, 2003, 13:39
And what was all that reverse gear bollocks? Ignoring the obvious Thatcher reference, surely if you've got a steering wheel you can turn round? And, anyhoo, noone's talking about going 'backwards'. They're talking about getting off the lboody motorway and out of the car...and then on with the walking boots...and...off over hill and dale....erm or something.

Perhaps this is the time to start an campaign for analogy free politics.
Lawrence
9547 posts

Oct 03, 2003, 14:02
He's just like Reagan... Playing around with the word "peace".
Joanna
Joanna
658 posts

Oct 03, 2003, 14:15
Just like the carthorse naturally feeling drawn towards its plough, so I wish to mount the bicycle of exact linguistics and campaign, as Napoleon did for Elba, for analogy free policts :)
Toni Torino
2299 posts

Oct 03, 2003, 14:26
Heh....
"We who started the war must finish the peas"
I think is what he said....... meaning that they must not be allowed to leave the table of, errrr, war until all the 'peas' of fundamental islamic terrorism have been cleared.... and, well, peas all look the same, too, don't they?
mojojojo
mojojojo
1940 posts

Oct 03, 2003, 14:36
Doesn't this 'reverse gear', like the 'not for turning' nonsense just mean 'I do not make mistakes, despite any evidence that I do, and you will not dare to criticize me'. A little humility maybe..
Still, that's new labour.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

U-Know! Forum Index