Geoclashing

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: ever circulating library?
Jan 24, 2003, 12:13
I couldn't agree more. I would feel morally obliged to do that anyway. In the instance of Cappagh (if it does interfere with the roundtower) then I think I would have to notify the warden as to its position and what it is - as well as the above.

Out of the many placed in Ireland I do only see no more than four or five that are worded so as to cause concern. As you say, without seeing one you never know, so that figure could rise or equally fall.

I still don't agree with leaving things antwhere though. The landowners permission does improve the situation somewhat though. :-)
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Legality of litter and all that
Jan 24, 2003, 12:14
You have eight squirmy lega and squirt ink! How could you understand!

Silly mollusc!
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

All impact lost !
Jan 24, 2003, 12:15
... erm .. sqirmy legs ... erm ...
Teasel
18 posts

Re: oh really?
He's a businessman who saw geocaching as a commercial opportunity and placed lots of caches in a small area which were little more than adverts for his company. To this day he still places a stack of adverts in caches that he visits.

Using geocaching as a source of free advertising was not welcomed and he was banished from the kingdom. The mearest mention of "Voldemort" on the geocaching.com forums is usually enough to get an argument started, and much upset and even resignations are bound to follow.

I hear he's actually "a nice bloke if a little misguided"...
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Dagnabbit!
... SQUIRMY LEGS !!!!
Holy McGrail
Holy McGrail
1257 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 12:18
Teasel wrote:

<blockquote>Using geocaching as a source of free advertising was not welcomed and he was banished from the kingdom.</blockquote>
<hr>
Replace the word 'geocaching' with 'The Modern Antiquarian', and you might understand why I banned Dan & Pid and deleted their posts.
RiotGibbon
1527 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 12:27
>The mearest mention of "Voldemort" on the geocaching.com forums is usually enough to get an argument started, and much upset and even resignations are bound to follow.

---------------

not the forums here:
http://opentopic.groundspeak.com/0/OpenTopic?a=frm&s=1750973553&f=1500909683

is it?

<rubs paws and laughs demonically>

see you suckers, I'm off trolling for geocachers on their own turf - the colour scheme is more pleasing to the eye ...

RG
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 12:31
Why lobsterboy should MA (in fact anyone) people have to police your sport/hobby, if it needs policing then to me that indicates there is something wrong fundamentally.

Leave no impression = no mainteance required
Teasel
18 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 12:32
>>Replace the word 'geocaching' with 'The Modern
>>Antiquarian', and you might understand why I banned
>>Dan & Pid and deleted their posts.

Indeed!

When I first arrived at TMA, I saw two short postings from D&P, both in the same thread, each about half a dozen lines long. This was followed by many long, angry diatribes with much swearing and even threats of violence flying. I thought this seemed a disproportionate response and said so.

I now realise that the scale of D&P's encroachment into TMA was far greater than the two postings which were allowed to remain and would like to appologise for not knowing the full story before posting!
lobsterboy
lobsterboy
54 posts

Jan 24, 2003, 12:40
I am not asking anyone to police it. I was trying to explain the best way to prevent problems occuring in the future.

It seemed to me quite a reasonable discussion we were having in an effort to share information. Ho Hum.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index