uffington horse and the sun

Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: uffington horse and the sun
Aug 19, 2017, 20:22
I haven't said anything about what I see .
I responded to what the article and paper commented on which was obviously wrong . The reason directions were mentioned by me ,as I have said before , is due to the them being mentioned in the article . You respond in kind .
You have mentioned compass directions far more than me .
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Aug 19, 2017, 20:28
thesweetcheat wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Whatever.

Ha, this place. Ridiculous.

Yes. It is. The link was posted and before anyone could discuss it or maybe consider the ideas it contained, it had already been torn up and scorned. In a different world, we could have had a discussion, kicked the ideas about. We probably still would come to the conclusion they either didn't hold up, or that there was no evidence to support them. But that doesn't happen on TMA. Instead the whole thing is instantly ridiculed and if there's any suggestion that some elements may bear a little more consideration, or have alternative interpretation, it's instantly shut down as well.

I wasn't joking when I said Thom would be crucified on here. As would Julian Cope for that matter.

I have huge respect for tiompan and I'm the last to accept opinion-as-fact theories, but I think this forum has become very closed minded. Cerrig has never returned after trying to discuss his ideas and been shouted down.

Unbelievable.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 19, 2017, 20:30
I really don't understand what has happened here. As I said earlier, I bloody love this stuff. Why was the monument just there and in that form? Were there reasons or none? What's to fall out about?
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Aug 19, 2017, 20:35
thesweetcheat wrote:
Cerrig has never returned after trying to discuss his ideas and been shouted down.

There is very good reason why Cerrig never returned . First he suggested that I nicked stuff from people then slightly adjusted it to appear as my own work . That was a slur and a lie .
When I suggested he put his money where his mouth was and offered to provide the results for any alignment , anywhere a site of his choosing , he agreed ,but was slow to come up with the goods , initially it was going to be his garden but he never said where it was . Eventually he came up with a site that faced a high wall , a joke , but nevertheless I explained what would be seen from the co-ordinates . He then shot himself in the foot by producing a pic of the site proving that the co-ordinates he had supplied were wrong .
He welched on the deal and ran off with his tail between his legs .

If you are referring to the equidistance stuff , and you feel you it has anything to offer please say so. We can discuss it .When I provided exactly the same type of material but more sites and prefaced it with pointing out that it could be found elsewhere quite simply and was to be expected I didn't hear anyone ask for more .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Aug 19, 2017, 20:38
nigelswift wrote:
I really don't understand what has happened here. As I said earlier, I bloody love this stuff. Why was the monument just there and in that form? Were there reasons or none? What's to fall out about?

I don't know . Sometimes dissent is frowned upon .
Well at least it didn't get rude .
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Edited Aug 19, 2017, 20:49
Aug 19, 2017, 20:42
nigelswift wrote:

Some time ago I started a conversation here about 'life after death'. It was prompted by a book I was reading about quantum physics. It's a popular book, i'm not trying to sound like an intellectual.
I was told by one contributor that she was much older than me, and had therefore experienced more and when we die "thats it".

That conversation could have been genuinely interesting, could have been an education, could have linked in with the monuments. But the response was pathetic.

Then I have to read stuff like the above.

No.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Aug 19, 2017, 20:50
Come on, you can't say things like "you think you are entitled to start posting sly insulting comments"

and then say"Would you like me to start telling you what words come to my mind when I read your posts?"

That is the pot calling the kettle black. Can you not try and be nice for goodness sake. You wouldn't be so rude to June's face I'm quite sure. And if you actually would...
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Aug 19, 2017, 20:54
Rhiannon wrote:
Come on, you can't say things like "you think you are entitled to start posting sly insulting comments"

and then say"Would you like me to start telling you what words come to my mind when I read your posts?"

That is the pot calling the kettle black. Can you not try and be nice for goodness sake. You wouldn't be so rude to June's face I'm quite sure. And if you actually would...

Right. Ok.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Aug 19, 2017, 20:58
yeah cause this is my thread, right.

And anyway - I see you haven't mentioned your thoughts on my Central Tenet, that of the Rhiannon Bird Horse hybrid. You read it here first. Pollard is going to be well jealous.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Aug 19, 2017, 21:03
thesweetcheat wrote:

Yes. It is. The link was posted and before anyone could discuss it or maybe consider the ideas it contained, it had already been torn up and scorned. In a different world, we could have had a discussion, kicked the ideas about.

There was a discussion ,it was so big it got moved and got even bigger

thesweetcheat wrote:

We probably still would come to the conclusion they either didn't hold up, or that there was no evidence to support them.

I didn't see anyone support the contentions , including you .

thesweetcheat wrote:

But that doesn't happen on TMA. Instead the whole thing is instantly ridiculed and if there's any suggestion that some elements may bear a little more consideration, or have alternative interpretation, it's instantly shut down as well.

It was instantly refuted , quotes were provided and evidence produced to show the errors .I was not alone in that .
You provided an alternative but the one aspect that could be falsified i.e. "And for anyone viewing the horse from a position where its horsiness can actually be seen, the sunset will be to their right. " was . It was discussed ,not dismissed out of hand ,I went to the bother of looking for pics and finding points of view ,when I could easily have said that it was just nonsense . I never criticised the style only the substance . The other aspect was hypothetical and despite disagreeing with it , it was not really worth arguing over although I did provide an opinion .
thesweetcheat wrote:
't joking when I said Thom would be crucified on here. As would Julian Cope for that matter. [/quote]
Crucified ? If they come up with bollocks then what is wrong with pointing that out .It happened a long time ago to Thom , elsewhere . Maybe anyone doing here would get "crucified" .
Pages: 11 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index