Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Re: See you at Avebury
Aug 08, 2017, 14:53
Rhiannon wrote:
ps
I was sorry you didn't make it, June. I was looking forward to meeting you! But you had a good reason. And god knows I've not been to many myself with less reason. Maybe another time.

Thank you Rhiannon (and Goff elsewhere). I have been fortunate enough to see two or three photos on FB and must say you all looked liked a lovely group of people - especially with the tiddlers along.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 14:54
nigelswift wrote:
As you can see, she's not a woman to be triphled with (hence the name) so maybe she was out for a fight.

I have it on good authority that Swindon Women do not like to be triphled with.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 16:29
Alright, cheeky... :D

I'm slightly hesitant about booking anything for September as yet, cos it seems highly likely we'll be moving house next month. Can't see it happening before, and if it happens after then I'm in danger of turning to very strong, cheap booze. It's been SERIOUSLY dragging on... I can't really commit to anything just yet. Gimme a couple of weeks and I'll know for sure. And yes I'm aware that September will be pretty much upon us by then. :D

I presume the idea is that we manage to catch what is left of this wonderful Summer. October might be chilly, but then that's why we choose Avebury, innit? :) As long as it's not lashing down, I'm happy. :)

G x
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 16:42
I presume the idea is that we manage to catch what is left of this wonderful Summer.....

Yes, and some more attendees. Sure, the pub's fine.
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 22:19
Yes! Yes! Yes!

A fabulous day. Stones, sun and sitting around - not bad, eh?

Catching up with those long not seen and meeting those known but never seen.

Big thanks to the Mofflinsons.

xxx
The Eternal
924 posts

Re: 10 years after ...
Aug 16, 2017, 20:50
Hi June,

It's been a long time since I've posted on here, but your sad loss has prompted me to say how sorry I am for you. We lost our cat back in 2010 from, of all things, breast cancer. She was a little animal we loved. We undersatnd how you feel. We now have a big, black feline bundle of fur and fun, called Parkin, who has brought new love into our lives.

It's early days, but your memories will last forever.

All the best,

TE.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6210 posts

Aug 17, 2017, 06:39
The Eternal wrote:

It's been a long time since I've posted on here

Lovely to see you, hope all is good with you. Your Lakes pics are much missed.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Aug 17, 2017, 09:59
Aug 17, 2017, 08:59
Thanks very kind of you TE and good to see you here again. The problem about losing a long standing pet (16+ years in this case) is that their loss sometimes throws up other griefs too. In retrospect I was sorry to miss the Avebury gathering and went for a therapeutic walk around Avebury later in the week - taking in WKLB and part of the Ridgeway. It was one of those lovely elemental 'Avebury' days - I felt very much better afterwards.
laresident
laresident
861 posts

Aug 17, 2017, 22:49
Finally got there myself a couple of weeks ago after about 35 years. Wonderful place. My kids had a blast on a lovely summer afternoon. Deeply envious of you lot. Two downsides, the wasps at the Red Lion and the huge lorries constantly driving through the village!
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2555 posts

Aug 18, 2017, 09:47
tjj wrote:
Thanks very kind of you TE and good to see you here again. The problem about losing a long standing pet (16+ years in this case) is that their loss sometimes throws up other griefs too. In retrospect I was sorry to miss the Avebury gathering and went for a therapeutic walk around Avebury later in the week - taking in WKLB and part of the Ridgeway. It was one of those lovely elemental 'Avebury' days - I felt very much better afterwards.

Glad to read that Tjj, these places are good for raising the spirits. Hello TE, hope you are well :-)
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index