Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: See you at Avebury
Aug 07, 2017, 10:26
"We really ought to get together before next Summer..."

As predicted! So organise it!

I too was very happy to see the celebs, Rhiannon and Vybik. Sorry I wasn't 100% so didn't talk to them as much as I'd have liked, but maybe at Goffik's event?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 07, 2017, 10:29
PS, also glad to see Tryphena Grommit there. She seems to be the right stuff. https://heritageaction.wordpress.com/2017/08/07/stuff-the-national-trust-says-swindon-woman/
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Aug 07, 2017, 10:36
nigelswift wrote:
but maybe at Goffik's event?

Bwahahahaaaa! :D Me? Organise something? You know it takes a huge amount of effort to just organise myself!!! :D

OK. Well how hard can it be? I suggest a date. The venue is Avebury, because pub, if raining. Job done!

Except this time I think camping might not be an option due to weather. So it'll be mostly Southerners. Here we go. I'm over-thinking it already! I did warn you!!! ;)

I'll have a think about the date then. :)

G x
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 07, 2017, 11:11
Yeah, no camping, a single day, a Sunday in September. Get on with it.
Maybe some of those who couldn't make it yesterday could come.
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 11:12
nigelswift wrote:
PS, also glad to see Tryphena Grommit there. She seems to be the right stuff. https://heritageaction.wordpress.com/2017/08/07/stuff-the-national-trust-says-swindon-woman/

For a Swindon woman Tryphena was not really on the ball - surely she should have parked at the Red Lion and nipped in there quickly. In and out before anyone could say "What are you having ..." ;)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 11:55
As you can see, she's not a woman to be triphled with (hence the name) so maybe she was out for a fight.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 12:48
So it's true, modern celebrity is all about being famous for doing nothing of interest (ie never turning up normally). I had an extremely nice time thank you and some interesting conversations. So why not, a September return. I can't do the 9th/10th myself.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 12:52
ps
I was sorry you didn't make it, June. I was looking forward to meeting you! But you had a good reason. And god knows I've not been to many myself with less reason. Maybe another time.
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Bloody awful
Aug 08, 2017, 13:12
No wait, the other one. Great afternoon and well worth the 5 1/2 hr drive home! Lovely to see you all again :)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Aug 08, 2017, 13:33
Still leaves seven September Saturdays and Sundays. Goff.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index