Jeez that turned oot odd .

Hope it makes sense .
spencer
spencer
3072 posts

Edited Feb 02, 2017, 02:43
Re: Change?
Feb 02, 2017, 02:39
Listen to Stratus and Quadrant 4 from it on Yewtub. Weep.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Feb 02, 2017, 13:34
tiompan wrote:

Hope it makes sense .

lol. Yes, made sense.

I watched 'Cracking the stone age code' again last night. Love it.

I have to say, when people talk about some archaeologists peering down their noses at new or controversial theories A.H.A Hogg takes the biscuit.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Feb 02, 2017, 13:34
Will have a listen.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Feb 02, 2017, 14:17
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:

Hope it makes sense .

lol. Yes, made sense.

I have to say, when people talk about some archaeologists peering down their noses at new or controversial theories A.H.A Hogg takes the biscuit.

At the time Hogg looked and sounded like a cross between the classic upper class twit and the reviled Colin Jordan ( the Farage of his day ) , but he was right , whereas the urbane and charming Humphrey Case got it wrong .
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Feb 02, 2017, 14:56
tiompan wrote:
Evergreen Dazed wrote:
tiompan wrote:

Hope it makes sense .

lol. Yes, made sense.

At the time Hogg looked and sounded like a cross between the classic upper class twit and the reviled Colin Jordan ( the Farage of his day ) , but he was right , whereas the urbane and charming Humphrey Case got it wrong .

Euan MacKie seems to come out of it well, thoughtful and considered.
I watched a megalithomania thing recently, youtube, where he was talking about Cultoon.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Wells 'n' shit
Feb 02, 2017, 15:01
Yeah... I removed a few of mine AGES ago now! There was obviously a reason but I don't recall. :) I don't think anyone told me to, that's fer sure.

There IS a "Sacred Well" category. That could encompass springs as well, couldn't it? Or are you thinking a specific category? Maybe just add "/spring" to the existing one?

My photos need sorting. All my old well/spring ones will be on old hard drives that I hope still work. :D If not I'll just cry a lot. For ages. Loudly.

G x
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6219 posts

Re: Wells 'n' shit
Feb 02, 2017, 16:10
I think the main issue has always been establishing that wells are prehistoric rather than medieval. The TMA remit is narrower than TMP, so stuff that might be okay there isn't in scope of this site. I know I've only added a very small number of wells, and always expect to have them deleted by the Eds for being out of scope here.

I have snuck the odd well picture onto the nearest definitely prehistoric site though :)
spencer
spencer
3072 posts

Feb 02, 2017, 17:12
SHHHH!! Ffs don't blag about it like that...they'll be hunting them down 24/7 for d a y s now ; )
spencer
spencer
3072 posts

Feb 02, 2017, 17:30
' + spring'. That's it. Job's done. I've pix ready to roll when tech is. Praps the Lord High Webmaster might want to ponder the merits of a teeny weeny change here and there if he ever reads here now. 'Top down' to the Edserfs, 'just do it' sort of thing....saves all the fannying about and ping pong. I hate the idea of history 'ceasing to be' at a certain date, tbh. It's trying to box something up that shouldn't be..it's all interelated. Fogma rather than dogma and grey areas - I've got plenty of them - and a touch of blurring on occasion (ditto): fine by me. Face it, a lot of Rhiannon's stuff is based on written records many years after sites were built and the TMA timeframe. She doesn't just post contemporary pictograms. Somehow, shock horror, the website manages to accomodate this.
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index