I would just like to say...

8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3070 posts

Re: I would just like to say...
Jan 15, 2017, 19:18
Not t h a t hard to compile either..just look at the fave sites visited for each year forum topics for a start. As long as there's a foreward adequately explaining the methodology, what the book is and what it isn't. Sure, an extensive list of sites at the back covering all extant categories. Some may differ, fair enough, but as for those given greater space within, I'd personally go for the egalitarian 'size is not important' approach. Vibe and enthusiasm paramount. Stonehenge would n o t get six pages, just an equal entry to, say, Sunhoney, and those little cairns out in the sticks beloved of G and SC etc would be given ample space too. I, for one, would be quite happy to help by doing some browsing back for a start. One for the armchair folk too. 'You take this county and you take that'. One prerequisite: that they care and can view the end result from a purchaser and reader's perspective as well as know. A book not for the coffee table, unless there was a specific variant for that market, but more a field companion for a rucksack or larger pocket. Something to inspire.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index