8 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
spencer
spencer
3065 posts

Edited Jan 15, 2017, 23:22
Re: I would just like to say...
Jan 15, 2017, 23:11
I reckon a fair few would..and enjoy reading about nights in a Ford Focus, Daffyd and Sophie, being chased by animals and humans, and the total unbridled enthusiasm of fieldnotes of not necessarily hugely archaeologically learned people encountering these remnants of our past....plus there really are some bloody good pix. If others think another approach is best fair enough: this is just my tuppenceworth, but I think s o m e t h i n g should come of all the miles folk have done, and there could be a very positive result, or in publisherspeak, end product. Yup, of course accurate directions to all featured sites, grid refs, blah...but a 'human' tome, and a response to JC's initial labour of love and journey of discovery..which, ulp, I must come clean about: I've yet to hold one, let alone read. I know its there, and one day....but I have gone my own way, usually looking on maps then, sometimes, referring to the website pre visit. Canmore's almost always subsequent. I don't read textbooks but do read online and watch a hell of a lot of the relevant telly. Most of such time I have, limited by six day work March-Dec, I'm fieldwalking, just following map hunches and visual clues, as opposed to visiting known sites. If that's 'odd', probably fair comment. Someone's gotta be :) Anyway, if this blather's got anyone going 'hmm, maybe there's the germ of something,.' then great. Just throwing an idea up into the e-ether, seeing where it lands, stony ground or fertile and yes, now really shutting up.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index