John Michell lecture

Pages: 36 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: John Michell lecture
May 07, 2016, 12:53
But as it is not one of the monument types on the list it is not significant as a potential componet of a "ley" . The same might apply to a nuclear bunker.
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 07, 2016, 13:06
tiompan wrote:
Plenty more where that came from .

Indeed. I'm going to start a thread about Creationism.
cerrig
187 posts

May 07, 2016, 17:09
My God. Well, you can create hidden meanings where there are none, that's for sure, but I'm still at a loss why you should make a link between a shadow comment and you Nigel. Absolutely no evidence for it, unless I'm missing something ?
cerrig
187 posts

May 07, 2016, 17:11
Nothing to do with John Michell, unless you were being especially silly.

You missed something. You may want to have a closer look at that thread.
cerrig
187 posts

May 07, 2016, 17:16
Perhaps you would care to share your methodology George, in the interests of balance and all that. How would you know where the horizon is in Cornwall?
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 07, 2016, 17:27
No you missed the point .
It was related to equidistances , drawing lines between sites on a map , ignoring the real world and thinking that it was all bound up with some esoteric knowledge known by the "ancients "
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

May 07, 2016, 17:35
cerrig wrote:
Perhaps you would care to share your methodology George, in the interests of balance and all that. How would you know where the horizon is in Cornwall?

The methodology is very simple and understood by anyone who knows anything about astronomy . I wouldn't have a problem going over it ,and have done so often enough in the past . But seeing as you are being less than forthcoming I don't see why I should bother . The info is freely available in the literature and on the web .
Here's a basic starter .
The horizon in Cornwall ,like anywhere depends where you are, in this case where in Cornwall, (men an tol ) and in what direction you are looking .
cerrig
187 posts

May 07, 2016, 17:40
What does it have to do with John Michell George?

You missed something.
cerrig
187 posts

May 07, 2016, 17:43
Going to the site and measuring is how I would go about it. How would you do it. It's not a secret George, is it?
nigelswift
8112 posts

May 07, 2016, 17:47
cerrig wrote:
My God. Well, you can create hidden meanings where there are none, that's for sure, but I'm still at a loss why you should make a link between a shadow comment and you Nigel. Absolutely no evidence for it, unless I'm missing something ?

So your think I "create hidden meanings where there are none" and make links where there is "absolutely no evidence for it". How stonkingly ironic!
Pages: 36 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index