New Stonehenge experience !

11 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
The Eternal
924 posts

Re: New Stonehenge experience !
Apr 27, 2014, 00:46
juamei wrote:
You've got to wonder at the selfishness of someone turning right off the a303 into it. Must take ages due to the traffic coming the other way. Maybe a bollard or two blocking access from that direction would be a better solution that just closing it.

Hi juamei,

Yes you do have to wonder, but the continual charges for parking a car anywhere are going to result in that behaviour. The charge for parking isn't the issue, it's the amount that is charged.

The charges are usually very cute in that they are worked out to the point that they know how long people are likely to be away and charge extra accordingly. i.e. in the Lake District the charges are reasonable up to 4 hours, and then they escalate.

Everyone knows that the majority of people who go onto the hills are out for at least 6 to 8 hours, so the charge is increased by double for that time.

Greedy bastards. What they don't realize is that people spend less in the pubs and shops because of the car park charges, i.e. in terms of not buying a pint after a walk. Personally, I never pay for parking, as I know of alternative places to ditch the car, but I'm not telling you buggers!

As for Stonehenge, I'll continue to find free parking or to walk in. If everyone refused to pay the extortionate prices it'd send a message.

All the best,

TE.

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index