11 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: New Stonehenge experience !
Apr 23, 2014, 13:39
Rhiannon wrote:
closing it as a byway is one thing if they want to stop accidents from people turning right to drive along it (and personally i wouldn't miss people wanting to show off their 4wds along it). But you'd have to watch they're not going to be crafty and take away its right-of-wayness as a footpath and bridleway at the same time, don't you think?

That's exactly what they will find a way to do as is the tunnel project eventually. Lack of funding, the usual excuse for them not caring for or doing anything to improve other sites, doesn't apply at SH and they won't rest until every right is taken away from us and every single person is made to pay to see it. Fine by me as I never want to visit the place again while I can visit many just as interesting sites in peace and quiet and not be told what I am looking at because of their latest 'findings' that you can guaranteed will be superseded yet again for the umpteenth time in the following year or two! As cash cow's go it reins supreme...at our expense and loss of our original rights!

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index