7717 posts

Re: Deep beer
Oct 29, 2002, 10:45
Cloudy beer? Careful.
pixie
111 posts

Re: Deep beer
Oct 29, 2002, 12:59
whatchit!! i drink pints i do! halfs are for small men in cloudy pubs and they have handles on them (the glasses i mean not the men...oops see what a pint and a double vodka does to me)
p
x
Blaidd
125 posts

Re: Deep breath
Oct 29, 2002, 13:03
Sorry, meant Pix. Bummer I missed the drinkies!!.
Blaidd
125 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 13:07
Think I figured that one, didn't actualy think a bloke would call himself Pixi, although you never know, so i'll apologise to all the male pixis now!!!!

So, um, d'yo come here often then ????

NO moon cat, not you !!!.

Blaidd
pixie
111 posts

Re: Treading your path.
Oct 29, 2002, 13:07
<<<<practically forced to adopt said names in order to describe and relate these things to others that don't understand? Are they simply the nearest term you have encountered?>>>>
hmmm maybe, and maybe more so now then ever before, because i have 'mixed' with other pagan types and then read more about it and as i say before, then it stops making sense!! i can't relate to alot of the ones i have met, which puts me in a spin....
i have a thing about labels, which i hate coz it puts me in a box with others who ARENT like me, no-one of us are the same, the more i know the less i know if that makes sense....... i can be quite cynical and i can be quite sceptical, but then i also accept that there are things i can't explain and don't want to coz at the end of the day they may / may not work for me and thats who i am!
labelling can be quite energy zapping at times, (ie 'victim' of domestic violence, and this gives way to self fulfilling prophecies from our selves and about us as viewed by others.....)
i just 'am, which this discussion has only reinforced...
buggar knows where i am going though, if mooncat keeps buying me pints of cloudy beer i might well become a seventh cosmic shaman of the 7th degree with you FW, wanna cosmic fight??
(joking)
wands at dawn and you can wear your hat if you want to
love and peace
p
x
pixie
111 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 13:08
go on i'll go to bar for you, half pint or a double ???(moonies paying BTW))
p
x
Blaidd
125 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 13:12
Mines a pint, rather it wasn't cloudy though !!!

Nuts? or Scratchings?

Blaidd
pixie
111 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 13:22
don't fancy a packet of pig...ermm mini cheddars??
p
x
Blaidd
125 posts

Oct 29, 2002, 13:26
Um, alright then, they still doing the marmite flavoured ones ??

Hmm tasty

B
Moon Cat
9577 posts

Re: Treading your path.
Oct 29, 2002, 21:01
Well it really does boil down to how you see things really doesn't it FW?
For example I have a mate who, like myself, is a occasionally partial to a little bit of psychedelic experimentation. However he is, by nature, a deeply scientific person. In fact he's a chemist, and the irony isnt lost on us either! ;-)
The thing is he cannot, even when tripping, really let go and he is aware of this. The whole trip experience for him becomes a very structured, methodical process even as spaced as it can get, and he is aware that it is a very different voyage for me.
He even once spent a trip mapping out with pencils the molecular structure of what we were on!
Of course this in no way invalidates his experience at all. But once, when a little "altered" he announced he was going to "be" a "Shaman". But this was becoming a shaman by procedure rather than by nature and (once a bit more with it) actually acknowledged that the fact that he had included "becoming a shaman" into the equation that actually meant he was quite unlikely to achieve that particular goal.
But it does go to show that with matters spiritual and with places as potentially emotive as stone circles that your reaction to the place is eventually come down to the essential "you".
Makes it all interesting though dunnit?
Pages: 6 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index