tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Alexander Keiller's Avebury/The Sanctuary
Jan 25, 2013, 16:31
harestonesdown wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
this is how evolution works....

So what are we saying, the young people outside The Lion at Solstice are illustrative of progressive human evolution?! ;)

Now now. ! :)

Is there anyone who posts here actually young , i.e. 25 or under ?
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 25, 2013, 16:32
nigelswift wrote:

So what are we saying, the young people outside The Lion at Solstice are illustrative of progressive human evolution?! ;)

My pal Max thought he was progressive at 64 years of age. He bought himself a new iphone and as we were walking down the footpath of the Bude canal to go fishing he fell in whilst texting!!
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Jan 25, 2013, 16:33
moss wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
nigelswift wrote:
You're determined to see the issue as dividing along age lines aren't you? But I'll have you know I'm younger than the two leading putter-uppers on this thread so your theory is wrong...

Dunno where i fall into this, i'm 43 today though and not a single card from any of you. ! ;)

Well a Happy Birthday from me ;) I mean this thread has gone all over the place don't know why we should not have birthday wishes as well....

Yup, from the sanctuary right out to the BH cove ! and thanks Moss. :)
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Jan 25, 2013, 16:34
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

My pal Max thought he was progressive at 64 years of age. He bought himself a new iphone and as we were walking down the footpath of the Bude canal to go fishing he fell in whilst texting!!

Haha, brilliant. :)
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Jan 25, 2013, 16:39
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

He's way ahead of me I've don't even have a mobile .
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Edited Jan 25, 2013, 16:46
Jan 25, 2013, 16:40
And a Happy Birthday from me as well (is this gentler G a sign of advancing years ;-)

By the way, bladup, as an approaching 70 year-old, I have great respect for the young, whether they’re sitting outside the Red Lion just enjoying themselves or diligently cleaning some of the defaced Avenue stones (as they were some years ago).

Dedication, respect, protection of our heritage and environment ain’t age-related (nor is the opposite to those things).
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Jan 25, 2013, 16:51
Littlestone wrote:
And a Happy Birthday from me as well (is this gentler G a sign of advancing years ;-)

By the way, bladup, as an approaching 70 year-old, I have great respect for the young, whether they’re sitting outside the Red Lion just enjoying themselves or diligently cleaning some of the defaced Avenue stones (as they were some years ago).

Dedication, respect, protection of our heritage and environment ain’t age-related (nor is the opposite to those things).

Cheers LS, and not age related no, just a nice absence of wumming/trolling posts in here recently, and discussions without too many baited hooks. i like it. ! :)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Jan 25, 2013, 17:13
nigelswift wrote:

No.
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Alexander Keiller's Avebury/Unrecorded Barrow?
Jan 25, 2013, 17:14
I've been sent this photograph for an opinion and thought maybe we might all like the opportunity to comment on it.
It's an aerial taken above the Sanctuary clearly showing the A4, the Ridgeway Path, the well-known barrows, the old cafe and what is being suggested is an unrecorded nearly ploughed-out barrow indicated by a white arrow.

https://picasaweb.google.com/100525707086862773355/UnrecordedBarrow?authkey=Gv1sRgCIOv-KXs1NGOlwE#5837086032626239810

What do you think?
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Jan 25, 2013, 17:20
tiompan wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
nigelswift wrote:

He's way ahead of me I've don't even have a mobile .

I'll have to buy you one George...one of those with big keys on it so your fading eyesight brought on by old age can make out the letters and numbers :-)
No need to thank me!
Pages: 77 – [ Previous | 163 64 65 66 67 68 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index