The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
How is Rock Art aged?

Pages: 42 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: How is Rock Art aged?
Dec 17, 2012, 22:21
Why not? Remember Kevin? Never read a book except The Hobbit. And had special insights and powers.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Dec 17, 2012, 22:25
Was he the lizard people one? How I've missed out.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Dec 17, 2012, 22:27
Rhiannon wrote:
"the Druids and their rightous distrust of books"

I don't even know where to begin with that. But since you've said it it's probably true so I won't argue.

But, it's not just about written words - it's about sharing information and printing is only the medium. - telling people about things they don't know about, places they've never been, ideas they'd never considered, listening to people and working those ideas into your own. In the 21st century not only do we have all the ideas of people we know and meet (like the 'Druids' had) but we have at our fingertips literally millions of books and papers and discussions, not just physically in libraries but on the internet. There's got to be stuff to enrich your own ideas out there. But you sound like you're discounting that, like all that you need is what's inside your head, your own experiences. ?

There's something different in writing something down and tranmitting it orally, the religions that cause all this war and suffering wouldn't have grown to the size they are if it wasn't for their books, like i've said before i've never read anything i need since middle school and my experiences are worth all the books in the world, i'm as far from a book person as you can get as i believe real knowledge is from inside [because we're all different], this place also proves it very well indeed.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Dec 17, 2012, 22:29
nigelswift wrote:
Why not? Remember Kevin? Never read a book except The Hobbit. And had special insights and powers.

Your fucking horrible to him, he may be reading and what you do is akin to bullying, your a horrible nasty man.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Dec 17, 2012, 22:32
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Which could suggest that these patterns are so "deep rooted" in our brains that they don't need mushrooms to bring them out, couldn't it?

No not needed but very helpful [eg a lot easier than fasting for weeks], the patterns are in all nature as well, in and outside your mind, your probably someone who'd love it, have you?

You don't have to fast or take drugs or anything to access these motifs they are found everywhere in all cultures at all times and in children who have clearly not had to fast etc .

been a child is like been an adult trippin though.

Lol , you may have had the experience of one but clearly not both .

All 3, tripping over a 100 times, been a child and an adult, that's 3 are you drunk as well [a really harmful drug].

If you think it's anything like being a child then you haven't .

I don't drink , you should be able to tell , but I'm not surprised .
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Dec 17, 2012, 22:37
Harryshill wrote:
Been there, done it. Overrated.

Nothing you cold trust.

I always loved it ,but haven't tripped in years .

No doubt that it can be transformative but anything other than personal insights is pure nonsense . Information is not passed on in that way . Any one that believes that drugs provide info from outwith their skulls is deluded .
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Dec 17, 2012, 22:38
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Which could suggest that these patterns are so "deep rooted" in our brains that they don't need mushrooms to bring them out, couldn't it?

No not needed but very helpful [eg a lot easier than fasting for weeks], the patterns are in all nature as well, in and outside your mind, your probably someone who'd love it, have you?

You don't have to fast or take drugs or anything to access these motifs they are found everywhere in all cultures at all times and in children who have clearly not had to fast etc .

All 3, tripping over a 100 times, been a child and an adult, that's 3 are you drunk as well [a really harmful drug].

The wide eyed wonder and laughter of being a child is the best description i could give of the cosmicness of the liberty cap, and please don't drink as you're already a nightmare, I know you do though.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Dec 17, 2012, 22:40
If you can't learn anything from anybody, do you expect the opposite ie for anyone to be able to learn anything from you?

Or is it that we can learn from your thoughts and experiences? Just not the other way round?

Just to clarify, which of these are you saying?
(you can ignore this completely if you can't decide)
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Dec 17, 2012, 22:43
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
tiompan wrote:
bladup wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:

The wide eyed wonder and laughter of being a child is the best description i could give of the cosmicness of the liberty cap, and please don't drink as you're already a nightmare, I know you do though.

I drink about 3 pints of cider and a few drams in a year , some years I have nothing I . I'm talking about tripping not mushies . I did drink 30 years ago .
Nothing like the nightmare that you are .
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 17, 2012, 22:45
"Your fucking horrible to him"

Untrue. As ever. I described him accurately, in a way he would approve of. I know. I have met him and also talked to him at length by phone.

Yet again your perceptions, conclusions and reactions have proved erroneous. How ironic that you claim you "know" stuff that other don't.
Pages: 42 – [ Previous | 117 18 19 20 21 22 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index