Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Penwith Visit
Sep 08, 2012, 11:29
bladup wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
A question I was going to ask Alken because he seems really up with this time period, is did he think that in a 'smallish' community such as that at CE that there would have been a more 'intimate' relationship between the inhabitants in its early period? To me it had more of a family feel to it rather than a full-blown village.

I don't really know the answer to that. The whole peninsula is covered with settlements from this period (CE and Chysauster are the best known and generally best preserved, but there are big compact settlements elsewhere like Bosullow Trehyllys and scattered ones like Bosprennis, as well as numerous smaller sites). How closely related the inhabitants were is difficult to know without DNA evidence, but four courtyard houses presumably represents four families?

Perhaps an anthropological fieldtrip to the Forest of Dean by way of comparison might help establish how closely related a community can be :)

ha ha, it may be able to prove that down here still now, the best way i could describe it is some new blood would be welcome but in some parts i think it may be a little past that happening, if you know what i mean [ apart from their own families no body would want to!!!! ]

Haaaaaaaaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaaaa you saved me from saying that!!!
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index