Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Penwith Visit
Sep 08, 2012, 12:27
thesweetcheat wrote:
It's sad, but on the other hand it's better than it being nicked, or having a silly plastic dome over it I guess.

Oops, sorry Alken, didn't realise you'd posted this before I made a similar comment!! :-(
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Sep 08, 2012, 13:06
I missed your pic, sorry: You posted too many for me to keep up with over a couple of days :o)

It looks fantastic inside, must make the effort (not sure G/F will be too keen on that one though).
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Sep 08, 2012, 13:07
Yes, I think they are. Nice work. Actually, bricks aside, the restored herringbone stonework on the facade of Tinkinswood is lovely. That's another site I ought to get back to before long.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Sep 08, 2012, 13:09
Yeah, I like Truro museum, it used to have a really good bookshop but it's gone now. There are some amazing finds on display though.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 08, 2012, 13:33
thesweetcheat wrote:
I missed your pic, sorry: You posted too many for me to keep up with over a couple of days :o)

It looks fantastic inside, must make the effort (not sure G/F will be too keen on that one though).

It is the yorkie of fogou's, I think it does tend to be one for the men [ sorry in advance to any women who's been in the rab cut bit though ].
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 08, 2012, 13:37
thesweetcheat wrote:
Yes, I think they are. Nice work. Actually, bricks aside, the restored herringbone stonework on the facade of Tinkinswood is lovely. That's another site I ought to get back to before long.

I was always someone for somewhere new, but i'm loving going back to the same places though the seasons down here, eg in visit one of your faves- boskednan every few weeks and everytime is sooooo different, the rest of the countries always in my mind though.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 08, 2012, 13:40
thesweetcheat wrote:
Yeah, I like Truro museum, it used to have a really good bookshop but it's gone now. There are some amazing finds on display though.

For some reason it surprised me that the tregiffian stone is twice the size as it is on site, and i like the way the marks stop on the bit that was in the floor.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Sep 08, 2012, 13:46
Boskednan remains my favourite place anywhere, despite all the visits everywhere else. Watching the sun set there on my birthday on a beautiful November evening a few years back was a highlight.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6218 posts

Sep 08, 2012, 13:46
Which if nothing else shows that it was carved in its upright position, not beforehand.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Sep 08, 2012, 14:15
Sep 08, 2012, 13:57
thesweetcheat wrote:
Boskednan remains my favourite place anywhere, despite all the visits everywhere else. Watching the sun set there on my birthday on a beautiful November evening a few years back was a highlight.

I tried working out last year when the sun sets over carn kenidjack from boskednan and got somewhere between my sons birthday-14 nov and mine 21 nov [ because of cloud ], if you don't mind me asking whens yours?
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index