Trespass on SSSI sites

Pages: 38 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: feelings vs facts
Sep 04, 2012, 19:47
Gallstone and Grindstone are on the cards ;-)
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Sep 04, 2012, 19:49
Rhiannon wrote:

So maybe TSC meant any discussions about where to park, how old a longbarrow is, what your favourite hillfort might be, they're all kind of secondary, because that's probably not what brought you to the subject right in the first place.

*Just a little quote* :)

In reference to what bought me to the subject in the first place.. The idea. The mere thought of these mysterious people.. the devotion involved in moving huge stones.. The landscapes..The more I read back then the more it deepened for me. I felt I somehow knew about it.. That I was remembering something.. Just on the tip of my tongue but still so elusive. Learning about this subject is like becoming.. enchanted. If that's not too ridiculous.
No - its not. It's true. It makes me feel enchanted and full of a feeling I can barely describe.
There's something magical.
Something special indeed, to quote Kate. ;)
harestonesdown
1067 posts

Sep 04, 2012, 19:53
bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:

Just wait until you get in the place, try to make sure you get in somehow even just once, i promise it wont let you down.

Or don't.
On one hand it's quite sterile standing behind the rope, On the other seeing 20'00 idiots crawling over it is just plain wrong.
I'll never go there again, unless it was to show someone around, And wild horses couldn't drag me there at Summer solstice.

Yes but you've done it once!! like it or not it stays in the head!!! i do not like it myself, it shouldn't be like this but they will not keep me away, which is what i think they're trying to do, tsc has never been and going in beats walking around it, hands down, it's just shitty with all the people, but i go for the place, not the people.

I hope the other 19'99 have the same attitude, seriously.
More room at Avebury for me. :)
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:

Just wait until you get in the place, try to make sure you get in somehow even just once, i promise it wont let you down.

Or don't.
On one hand it's quite sterile standing behind the rope, On the other seeing 20'00 idiots crawling over it is just plain wrong.
I'll never go there again, unless it was to show someone around, And wild horses couldn't drag me there at Summer solstice.

I went once on the Winter Solstice and enjoyed it. It is fantastic being able to walk up to those stones. But, like you Harestonesdown, I couldn't visit at Summer. The photos I see alone are enough to put me off. Just simply too many people.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

A locked thread (I prefer ‘closed’ actually – another matter of nomenclature) doesn't stop people reading its content.
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

Sep 04, 2012, 19:54
Littlestone wrote:
A locked thread (I prefer ‘closed’ actually – another matter of nomenclature) doesn't stop people reading its content.

True, but you're assuming everyone else is as sad as we are and actually reads all this stuff.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Sep 04, 2012, 19:57
I prefer ‘mount’ actually :-)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 04, 2012, 19:57
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:
harestonesdown wrote:
bladup wrote:

Or don't.

Yes but you've done it once!! like it or not it stays in the head!!! i do not like it myself, it shouldn't be like this but they will not keep me away, which is what i think they're trying to do, tsc has never been and going in beats walking around it, hands down, it's just shitty with all the people, but i go for the place, not the people.

I hope the other 19'99 have the same attitude, seriously.
More room at Avebury for me. :)

I think that may be " for now" i'm afraid.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 04, 2012, 19:58
thesweetcheat wrote:
Littlestone wrote:

True, but you're assuming everyone else is as sad as we are and actually reads all this stuff.

Who's sad?
thesweetcheat
thesweetcheat
6213 posts

Sep 04, 2012, 19:59
bladup wrote:
thesweetcheat wrote:
.... you're assuming everyone else is as sad as we are and actually reads all this stuff.

Who's sad?

Well I meant me and LS, but feel free to be included.
Pages: 38 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index