Pages: 38 – [ Previous | 133 34 35 36 37 38 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Re: Trespass on SSSI sites
Sep 11, 2012, 13:34
bladup wrote:

I saw princess anne when i visited the tinglestone, and i got a tingle from touching it, even though i had forgot what the place was called.

I hope she didn't obect to being touched:-)

Sorry, just catching up on a marathon of posts while I was away.
stagman
10 posts

Re: rules
Sep 15, 2012, 01:35
harestonesdown wrote:
[quote="marmite"][quote="Littlestone"][quote="Evergreen Dazed"]Mustard, i've really enjoyed reading your posts on this thread.
An absolute pleasure.

I agree. If only we had more people here with the same approach and a greater sense of humility, instead of the dogmatic short-sightedness of some who have ruined this forum over the last few years, it may recover one day. Mustard talks eloquently, intelligently and with consideration. I pop in here from time to time and find that the others who seem to be arguing for argument's sake, strongly discourage me and many others from joining in. Thank you for persisting with lucidity and clarity Mustard, and not falling prey to the digs and insults some deliberately engage in.
stagman
10 posts

Re: surprise
Sep 15, 2012, 01:41
Gorgive me, but there are rules and regulations here being violated:

Rhiannon wrote:
Well I'm not glad about it Moss, I can't really understand why so many people (and strangely sudden upstarts like love-it-or-hate-it "marmite") .

http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/forum/?thread=58979

Apologies
stagman
10 posts

Sep 15, 2012, 01:56
nigelswift wrote:
So you WOULD pay if you went in when it was closed?

I've done such a thing - posted cash through letterboxes at heritage sites when visiting after dark. I felt it was only right.
stagman
10 posts

Sep 15, 2012, 01:58
nigelswift wrote:
i am not being unreasonable. Nor unrealistic, I know people step off pathways etc but if the guardians of a place, in their wisdom, make a specific rule and 99.999% of people carefully keep to it and half a dozen people flout it and sneak in somewhere at night and publicly proclaim it is one of the rules they feel doesnt need to apply to THEM or to anyone else that feels the same way that's pretty unfortunate, to say the least. Its not going to get democracy in China or votes for women its just going to make them look like self-seekers and sends out a truly lousy message.

As for being grateful for such individual thinkers, I think not. Chinese students and women's campaigners yes, breakers of rules that they themselves support as well-founded - no.

Nigel - Do you firmly believe in the variety of contradictions you have displayed on this thread, or are you have a joke?
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 15, 2012, 02:03
Sanctuary wrote:
bladup wrote:

I saw princess anne when i visited the tinglestone, and i got a tingle from touching it, even though i had forgot what the place was called.

I hope she didn't obect to being touched:-)

Sorry, just catching up on a marathon of posts while I was away.

There's just some things it's not good to even think about!!!
The Eternal
924 posts

Sep 15, 2012, 23:58
tjj wrote:
The Eternal wrote:
June,

Little did you know that when you started this thread, that it would be the one thread that resulted in so much wobbly tree sort of stuff.

Just open it and see how it goes from side to side like a big wavey thing. I've not seen owt like that before, me.

Brill,
TE. :)

You must have been thinking, blimey that's a good bottle of red must get another. To be honest TE I stopped reading this thread sometime on Thursday morning and left people to it. I think you're great and always enjoy your posts but I stand by my strongly held view that people should not walk up Silbury purely for their own personal gratification (I'm sure there are probably genuine circumstance when it may be acceptable).

June,
You're too nice to me. I promise you I won't climb Silbury Hill, until it is permitted again. Cross my heart and hope to die.
I understand the reason not too, but I do hope something can be put in place to enable people to climb it again.
Best wishes,
TE.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Jan 07, 2013, 13:00
It's all been said before, there's no point doing it again on a different thread with all the same people, their opinions are all here, this is true madness!!!!
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Jan 07, 2013, 13:06
Jan 07, 2013, 13:04
bladup wrote:
It's all been said before, there's no point doing it again on a different thread with all the same people, their opinions are all here, this is true madness!!!!

Utter madness i say, do you lot not remember all this!!!
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Jan 07, 2013, 13:08
bladup wrote:
bladup wrote:

Utter madness i say, do you lot not remember all this!!!

Madness, am i repeating myself?, it must be catching, crazy.
Pages: 38 – [ Previous | 133 34 35 36 37 38 ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index