Glad we agree :)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Re: surprise
Sep 06, 2012, 14:02
nigelswift wrote:
See above.

Mr Swift, Can't you see you are been hypocritical, it's either trespass or don't, you're saying it's alright sometimes [when it suits you], you would have more respect if you had never done it and was saying what you're saying and i'll never feel bad for my wonderful experience's at places [ you name it - i've trespassed there ]. It's only a problem if loads do it, we trespass respectfully, if loads do it [ silbury ] and things start getting bad, we ALL agree something then needs to be done.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 14:09
Mr Swift, Can't you see you are been hypocritical

Yes, as I said, job done. No-one can ever criticise because no-one can say they have never stepped off a path.
Mustard
1043 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 14:16
nigelswift wrote:

Yes, as I said, job done. No-one can ever criticise because no-one can say they have never stepped off a path.

C'mon, Nige. Don't sulk. We still love you ;)
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 14:36
Hardly. I know you'd like to claim theres no essential difference between what you do and what everyone else has done but there is and always will be and most people know that fortunately.
Mustard
1043 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 14:51
nigelswift wrote:
Hardly. I know you'd like to claim theres no essential difference between what you do and what everyone else has done but there is and always will be and most people know that fortunately.

What have I "done" and what has "everyone else done"? What are you on about? And who are these "most people"? Seems to me like you're in a minority, even on this thread. What remains a mystery to me is why you seem incapable of agreeing to politely differ without a barrage of insulting comments. I respect the sincerity of your beliefs, why can't you respect the sincerity of mine - even if you disagree with me?
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 14:52
nigelswift wrote:

Absolute rubbish, trespass is trespass, you do it or you don't, you have, this makes you a hypocite, you pull back and say we've made the point then have another go, i think it's nice these people have argued with you for so long, someone said a bit back how they thought that in real live you'd be a nice guy [ i read this and agreed ], but a nice guy wouldn't say it's alright for himself to trespass [ for any reason ] but not for others, like i have said before this place sometimes smells of schoolteachers and tweed , most of the older people on here certainly don't think like the younger ones, so it's a case of been thankful for small mercy's i suppose.
Mustard
1043 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 14:57
bladup wrote:
most of the older people on here certainly don't think like the younger ones, so it's a case of been thankful for small mercy's i suppose.

What's old and young in this context? I have no idea of anyone else's age.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Edited Sep 06, 2012, 15:12
Sep 06, 2012, 15:06
Mustard wrote:
bladup wrote:
most of the older people on here certainly don't think like the younger ones, so it's a case of been thankful for small mercy's i suppose.

What's old and young in this context? I have no idea of anyone else's age.

I've seen pictures of nigel [ on megameet photo's ] and he's a lot older than me, i think this may be to do with it, he's someone who admits to trespassing in the past, so it may be a case of jealousy, in that he can't get over the barbed wire fences like he used to, and i still can and do, and thanks for taking all the flak on skara brae, as i was the one on this thread who first mentioned going in for free after hours, you did argue the point better than i could though! and for the record i never have and never will care what people i don't know think.
Pages: 38 – [ Previous | 124 25 26 27 28 29 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index