Trespass on SSSI sites

Pages: 38 – [ Previous | 125 26 27 28 29 30 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Re: surprise
Sep 06, 2012, 15:19
Don’t think age has much to do with anything Mr b. I’ll be 67 this year and it’d take more than barbed wire to keep me out of anywhere - though I do seem to be snagging myself on the barbs more frequently these days :-)
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 15:25
Littlestone wrote:
Don’t think age has much to do with anything Mr b. I’ll be 67 this year and it’d take more than barbed wire to keep me out of anywhere - though I do seem to be snagging myself on the barbs more frequently these days :-)

There's always exception's you young bunny, i do feel sometimes age is at the heart of some of the disagreements though.
Rhiannon
5291 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 15:28
You are kidding right?! You're suggesting Nigel's stance on not climbing Silbury / entering Skara Brae is based on his jealousy that he can't skip fences like he used to?

It's a good job you had someone else to argue your corner about Skara Brae. Your whole argument is "I want to and I'm going to, and I don't care what anybody says about it." And anybody that says they don't want to, they're apparently just jealous.

Ho ho. Now I REALLY MUST stop reading this thread, it's descended into farce.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 15:30
Ditto.

G x
Mustard
1043 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 15:34
Rhiannon wrote:
Your whole argument is "I want to and I'm going to, and I don't care what anybody says about it." And anybody that says they don't want to, they're apparently just jealous.

As opposed to "it's ok to break the rules, but only the rules that we say it's ok to break"?
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:02
Rhiannon wrote:
You are kidding right?! You're suggesting Nigel's stance on not climbing Silbury / entering Skara Brae is based on his jealousy that he can't skip fences like he used to?

It's a good job you had someone else to argue your corner about Skara Brae. Your whole argument is "I want to and I'm going to, and I don't care what anybody says about it." And anybody that says they don't want to, they're apparently just jealous.

This is a bunch of people who wouldn't/ don't want to get on, it's a bit of a shame as we have similar interests, but it just seems a place for people [ myself included ] with nothing better to do [ even though i do ], than shout into the big fat void as no ones really interested, i think it's probably best if mr cope pulled the plug now rather than later, as this place was once vibrant and alive and now it's stuffy and up it's arse [ it's mainly just insults [ some from me!! ]and most of the more interesting people are well gone and most of whats left is very schoolteachery and bland.
bladup
bladup
1986 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:04
Rhiannon wrote:

and everybody takes everything soooooooooo seriously, it's boring.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:04
Thats right. Anyone that has ever stepped off a path can't criticise anything you do, so no-one can.
Evergreen Dazed
1881 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:05
bladup wrote:

and thanks for taking all the flak on skara brae, as i was the one on this thread who first mentioned going in for free after hours

Not wishing to be pedantic bladup, but you didn't! You mentioned Maes Howe. I bought up the subject of Skara Brae. Not that it matters much, just saying.

I think this thread has been fantastic. For me personally it has helped to clarify some of the confusion in my own mind and straighten out the dilemma I felt in the beginning about 'after hours' access.

I feel its been a journey, of sorts, resulting in a point of view that I now feel comfortable with and feel absolute faith in.

I think thats what a forum like this should do and I hope it's made others go on their own journey too, maybe even changing a few minds in the process or at least making people consider other possibilities.
Mustard
1043 posts

Sep 06, 2012, 16:09
nigelswift wrote:
Thats right. Anyone that has ever stepped off a path can't criticise anything you do, so no-one can.

Don't be deliberately obtuse. You know full well that I've repeatedly said that I'm happy to debate the moral and philosophical position, politely and reasonably. Yet again, you're misrepresenting my position in an attempt to portray me as unreasonable. What I have actually said, is that if you can't base your criticism simply on people "breaking the rules", when you've said that you're happy to break other rules yourself. Why do you pointedly refuse to engage in mature, polite, rational debate?
Pages: 38 – [ Previous | 125 26 27 28 29 30 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index