Living Heritage Threat

Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
drewbhoy
drewbhoy
2559 posts

Re: Elephants & tigers & hens & other Tory targets
Nov 16, 2010, 12:03
Well said, coming from an agricultural area myself, as you know 'The Turra Show' is second biggest show after the Royal Highland, I agree with you 100%. The Tories and Labour aren't well liked up here and next years election will hopefully get rid of the Tories and obliterate the Liberals. I use local farm produce as much as I can, I'm lucky a lot of them are my customers as well.
GLADMAN
950 posts

Nov 16, 2010, 23:49
The Sea Cat wrote:
[ It's way beyond 'class war' on that level, it's Moral War. It's very hard to give ongoing support, as is part of my job, to someone with mental health issues, for example, who has spent two years on a housing waiting list, living in a hostel, who has just secured independent living accommodation because they genuinely cannot work, to find that everything they have so desperately being trying to achieve, a fundamental right to a decent humane lifestyle, could/will be taken away because they are deemed 'fit' to work by these cunts. I have never witnessed real fear on a daily basis until the last couple of months. Real Fear.

Real fear? I've seen this every time I've walked down Shoreditch High Street for the past year... my female companions too scared to walk on their own because there are people with no reason to live whatsoever, so nothing to lose. So who is to blame for the past decade again? Naturally Labour blames the Tories rather than themselves. I've been paying my taxes... but immigration was/is out of control, so what can I do except change government in an extremely imperfect system, try again and hope that we may get it right this time. Or give up altogether? Whilst 'Mr Blair' makes millions on the US circuit saying how 'misunderstood' he was. What is the answer?
GLADMAN
950 posts

Nov 16, 2010, 23:49
The Sea Cat wrote:
[ It's way beyond 'class war' on that level, it's Moral War. It's very hard to give ongoing support, as is part of my job, to someone with mental health issues, for example, who has spent two years on a housing waiting list, living in a hostel, who has just secured independent living accommodation because they genuinely cannot work, to find that everything they have so desperately being trying to achieve, a fundamental right to a decent humane lifestyle, could/will be taken away because they are deemed 'fit' to work by these cunts. I have never witnessed real fear on a daily basis until the last couple of months. Real Fear.

Real fear? I've seen this every time I've walked down Shoreditch High Street for the past year... my female companions too scared to walk on their own because there are people with no reason to live whatsoever, so nothing to lose. So who is to blame for the past decade again? Naturally Labour blames the Tories rather than themselves. I've been paying my taxes... but immigration was/is out of control, so what can I do except change government in an extremely imperfect system, try again and hope that we may get it right this time. Or give up altogether? Whilst 'Mr Blair' makes millions on the US circuit saying how 'misunderstood' he was. What is the answer?
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Nov 17, 2010, 04:56
Nov 17, 2010, 04:43
GLADMAN wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:

New Labour/Labour undoubtedly have a hell of a lot to answer for. I completely agree, but it is the Tories alone who responsible for now extending that fear into nursing homes, hospices, hostels etc for absolutley no reason whatsoever other than vengeful malice and an utter disregard for the vulnerable. This is a new and entirely seperate shameful issue, unfortunately, one that is in a completely separate context and utterly disgraceful.

edited for typos
Gwass
193 posts

Nov 17, 2010, 16:37
The Sea Cat wrote:
Sanctuary wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
GLADMAN wrote:
The Sea Cat wrote:
I think on a national level the Tories can most certainly be blamed for an ideology that gladly and deliberately promotes a principle of a twisted brute priviledge survival ethos of the economic fittest at the expense of the vulnerable and un-priviledged. It's a matter of degrees, and not comparison, in my opinion. Morally abhorrent and utterly disgraceful.

Can't agree. The Tories were out of power for a decade or so and I fail to see what improvement there was in that time? Quite the contrary, if my friends in the NHS are to be believed. My personal view of a decade of Labour government is that is was a complete and utter disgrace, cynically manipulating law to enhance control of the masses. Bevan must be turning in his grave. I really, really hope Labour can provide a viable alternative again, but there needs to be a major rethink. Class war will get us nowhere.

I have spent the last 12 years working in different areas of social welfare via charities, specifically mental health/learning disabilities/homelesness. The resources that were quite rightly directed in that direction, by Supporting People, under Labour, for all their other justifiable faults, now no longer exist due to it being farmed out to local councils with a 'fuck off and get on with it attitude'. I see it everyday. People scared, vulnerable, fucked or get fucked on the way soon. It's way beyond 'class war' on that level, it's Moral War. It's very hard to give ongoing support, as is part of my job, to someone with mental health issues, for example, who has spent two years on a housing waiting list, living in a hostel, who has just secured independent living accommodation because they genuinely cannot work, to find that everything they have so desperately being trying to achieve, a fundamental right to a decent humane lifestyle, could/will be taken away because they are deemed 'fit' to work by these cunts. I have never witnessed real fear on a daily basis until the last couple of months. Real Fear.

Strong stuff said with real passion. I admire you for saying it, well done.

Thanks Sanctuary. I do relief work at the moment as I also do other work from home (when I post here) and the genuine concern amongst all my colleagues and other staff in related services as to what's coming is palpable, as is the growing fears of so many vulnerable people who had previously, with time, work and patience, been able to get out of this on going cycle of homelessness/dependency and establish a fundamental basic quality of life that everyone is entitled to in a civilised society. Well, all this has just been deliberately and callously flushed down the drain, for ever, if they get their way. Shop doorways will be at a premium as we descend into the modern equivalent of a Victorian social system.

I understand that you have genuine concerns but do you not lay any of the blame on the previous government at all? Most people realise that these measures are an inevitable consequence of labours complete cock up of the economy and irresponsible piss taking with our money, now by cleaning up the mess the tories get the blame and the ones who caused thye need to cut back get off scot free! The tories are a very convenient scapegoat. I'm sure the goverment aren't relishing the prospect of cutting social services but the alternative is worse when the country is bankrupt
tomwatts
376 posts

Nov 18, 2010, 11:51
http://www.redpepper.org.uk/Countering-the-cuts-myths
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Nov 18, 2010, 12:02
http://www.headheritage.co.uk/headtohead/tma/topic/60175/threaded/765765
tjj
tjj
3606 posts

Edited Nov 29, 2010, 19:19
Re: Roaches up for sale
Nov 29, 2010, 19:17
Very much part of the same issue - the Peak District National Park has put the Roaches up for sale. Was discussed in yesterday's edition of Countryfile with Matt Baker sounding the alarm for a place he clearly loves.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00wff66/Countryfile_28_11_2010/
Sanctuary
Sanctuary
4670 posts

Nov 30, 2010, 11:32
tjj wrote:
Very much part of the same issue - the Peak District National Park has put the Roaches up for sale. Was discussed in yesterday's edition of Countryfile with Matt Baker sounding the alarm for a place he clearly loves.

Yes I enjoyed that June, nice bloke Matt Baker. £200,000 didn't seem much (if you've got it that is!!) Just a question for all...he mentioned the rocks being gritstone. Is this a very hard stone, like how would it compare to the Wiltshire sarsen for instance? Many monuments in that neck of the woods built with it?
The Sea Cat
The Sea Cat
3608 posts

Edited Nov 30, 2010, 12:00
Nov 30, 2010, 11:59
tjj wrote:

That is a magnificent environment and such a shame. It's disgraceful. The Tories have never had any appreciation of the environment, or culture. The cutbacks in Somerset alone are appaling, libraries and recycling centres being closed, rural bus routes axed (get the bus to find work eh , IBS you over priviledged out of touch pillock ?) and yes, the wildlife is under threat.

http://www.somersetwildlife.org/Government-cuts
Pages: 15 – [ Previous | 19 10 11 12 13 14 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index