11 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Enderfay
15 posts

Re: Wychbury Ring / Hill
Jun 07, 2009, 22:01
Monganaut wrote:
http://www.indigogroup.co.uk/edge/Stkenelm.htm

Wychbury Hill is practically on my doorstep, and i've visited quite a few times. Can't say i've seen or know of any 'supernatural' activity associated with it other than the 'Bella' yarn. It is a quiet and restful place, with a well preserved Hill Fort and a whole bunch of Yew trees scattered across it. Path up gets well muddy in winter, so take yer wellies. It has nice views across to Adams Hill on Clent, but if the wind is punting the wrong way, the traffic from the nearby A road can be loud. There's a 'temple of Diana' on the hillside further down and a 'Napoleonic' and rickety Obelisk too. Basically, it's a nice place to kill a few hours if you've got the time.
I'm guessing Whychburyman and Morfe, if he's still around could fill you in further, or maybe Fourwinds..he originated in that part of the world.
If you search the forum from a few years ago, i think there was a discussion about it then. Someone mentioned a Long Barrow back then, but i've not found any info referring to one.

Thanks for the info. Monganaut,

I have visited the site a number of times over the years, including a couple of late night vigils. (Nothing of particular interest to report, however, save for a couple of locals - evidently worse for wear - on their way back from the local! Laugh!!)

It was while searching for pertinent data on the weirder side of Wychbury that I discovered the previous thread that you have referred to. There was a fair bit of banter possibly alluding to 'general strangeness' - which inspired this new thread... Laugh!!

Best wishes and thanks again,

Enderfay

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index