Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Photos on Flickr
Jun 19, 2009, 09:27
Woo!

Some amazing views there... Meg's looking magnificent as ever! You've really picked the carvings out well...

I don't remember it/her being so big (unless you lot are really small?) - and nice to see the circle in it's entirety in one photo - not an easy task to do well!

That boulder with the rockart is gonna be on my next visit up that way, I reckon - is it Copt Howe or summat?

G x
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Re: Photos on Flickr
Jun 19, 2009, 12:25
goffik wrote:
Woo!

Some amazing views there... Meg's looking magnificent as ever! You've really picked the carvings out well...

I don't remember it/her being so big (unless you lot are really small?) - and nice to see the circle in it's entirety in one photo - not an easy task to do well!

That boulder with the rockart is gonna be on my next visit up that way, I reckon - is it Copt Howe or summat?

G x

Aye, it is. Quite spectacular, with Langdale looming overhead.

And it is only me that is really small.....

Vx
Jane
Jane
3024 posts

Edited Jun 19, 2009, 16:24
Re: Northern get-together 2009
Jun 19, 2009, 16:05
I've just finished a (rather amateur, but fun) movie of our weekend chasing stone circles in Cumbria, and posted it as a blog here:
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/post/76014/weblog/stone_circles_of_cumbria_a_short_movie.html

I couldn't get the YouTube code to embed, so I just made a link instead. Hope you enjoy it. It's 7 mins 47 seconds long and has an appropriate soundtrack! (JC of course!)
moss
moss
2897 posts

Edited Jun 19, 2009, 17:01
Re: Northern get-together 2009
Jun 19, 2009, 16:59
Hi Jane, that was almost as good as going ;), we were going to go but its a long drive.
Tat! what actually are people thinking when they hang up the stuff - hey its a good bit of fun my scruffy old sock... o magical tree will you except my offering of some crap jewellry, xmas glitter, or an old toy car which I hope you will transform into a super model....
Pages: 13 – [ Previous | 18 9 10 11 12 13 ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index