Standing with Stones DVD

Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Rupert Soskin
234 posts

Re: Standing with Stones DVD
Jan 26, 2008, 19:47
Thanks Harv,
I was struggling to see the difference myself :-)

Rupert
Mr Hamhead
Mr Hamhead
1020 posts

Jan 26, 2008, 19:51
well I didn't put it there...the computer adds it when you cut and paste...might be worth adding another post with the correct website on?

Mr H
Rupert Soskin
234 posts

Jan 26, 2008, 20:00
Computers! gotta love 'em

www.standingwithstones.com
Michael Bott
60 posts

Jan 26, 2008, 21:21
Mr Hamhead wrote:
Hi Rupert

I copied this off the initial posting
http://www.standingwithstones.com./
and got the nearly blank page.
I have just typed in www.standingwithstones.com
and got the correct page...I am not a techi...but I can't see a difference?

Mr H

Hi Mr H

Seems like the full stop got included when you copied and pasted. I didn't see a way of including a hyperlink in the text that could have avoided this kind of thing - is there one, anybody?

Anyway, glad you got to the site in the end.

Michael
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Jan 26, 2008, 21:45
Mr Hamhead wrote:
Hi Rupert

I copied this off the initial posting
http://www.standingwithstones.com./
and got the nearly blank page.
I have just typed in www.standingwithstones.com
and got the correct page...I am not a techi...but I can't see a difference?

Mr H

If you're still having probs try this Mr H. - http://www.standingwithstones.com/
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 01:21
Michael Bott wrote:
Seems like the full stop got included when you copied and pasted. I didn't see a way of including a hyperlink in the text that could have avoided this kind of thing - is there one, anybody?

Yeah, you just need the http:// at the front.

:^)

love

Moth
Vicster
Vicster
662 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 14:46
DaveF wrote:
Vicster wrote:
DaveF wrote:

Surely it is time for Julian to release the TMA feature he did years ago

This green and pleasant land of ours has so much to offer!

Cheers

Dave

I've always wondered how much more was filmed and whether there would ever be an official release with the extra bits included..... I think it gets watched in our house (by me, rather than Mark!) at least once every couple of months. Can't believe he would've gone to Lewis and ONLY filmed at Callanish?????

Hmmmm you have a copy

I only ever saw half of it 'cos i stumbled onto it accidentally half way through

Do you have it on DVD or video?

Does it ever get a showing on Discovery or similar (I could sky+ it then)

VHS - I taped it from the TV - I think it was on shown BBC2 - only once to my knowledge. If I was a technical whizz, I would offer to copy it but I ain't! Someone else on here did offer some time ago, can't remember who it was though!
scubi63
463 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 18:28
Having spent hours carefully considering the various merits of the different parts of this country as well as Ireland, I had finally made up my mind where to go for my holiday this year....

And then I go and watch your bloody DVD from begining to end and now I am back to square one, I haven't got a bloody clue. I have been to nearly all the ones in the south and now I just want to go back and have another look.

The photography was brilliant, the theories thought provoking and Ruperts enthusiasm and moments of solist quite moving.

Well done.

:o)

Scubi

Next time you guys try something like this take me with you... I'll be happy to carry your stuff, make the tea and clean the bus just to see these places ;o)
Rupert Soskin
234 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 18:53
Hey Scubi,
Thanks very much for your kind words:-)

I'm tempted take you up on your offer of skivvying. Although I'm not sure you fully appreciate the wholesale squallor we are capable of creating. One day filming in Cornwall, I spent an hour cleaning the floor of the bus after a dawn shoot. Two hours later it was as bad as before... that was the last time the floor got cleaned on that trip.

and I'm really sorry to have messed up your plans... go to Fernworthy, nobody mentions it or the drilled stone and they are seriously worth looking at.

Best wishes

Rupert
scubi63
463 posts

Jan 27, 2008, 19:50
Rupert Soskin wrote:

I'm tempted take you up on your offer of skivvying. Although I'm not sure you fully appreciate the wholesale squallor we are capable of creating.

Having brought up my two sons through their teenage years and into Uni and living in a 100% male home (including the dog) I think you can appreciate the squallor I can and have endured.
I would send you a picture of younger sons bedroom to prove it but fear it may haunt your dreams ;o)

I actually do plan a short trip to Fernworthy as it is not to far from me really but I do like the thought of the Isle of Lewis.. that did seem quite magical but then there's the tree trunk in Bryn Celli Ddu...

Oh god...might have to put on that DVD again...where's me maps

:o)

Scubi
Pages: 14 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index