Megameet

Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Megameet
Mar 04, 2007, 17:28
Heh! I'd have no sideboard left if I used that to clean it! ;o)

Well, I'm afraid Mr Sweet's quite right. You turn up with any decent veggie food and you might have a fight on yer hands! :oD

G x
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Mar 05, 2007, 16:21
Heh! I'd have no sideboard left if I used that to clean it! ;o)

Goff, if you want to use it to clean the furniture you have to follow the instructions and dilute it with two parts vodka ;-)
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Mar 05, 2007, 21:26
Posted info on the Stones Mailing List about the Megameet in Avebury and received the following reply this evening (via the List) from Andy Burnham -

As it's in Avebury, does Julian Cope attend your Megameet?

Andy

Suggestions please for an appropriate reply ;-)
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Mar 05, 2007, 21:59
Hah!

I saw that - I was thinking something along the lines of "I don't think anyone on TMA knows Julian sufficiently to invite him personally, but all are welcome!"

So I'm a diplomat. Sue me. ;o)

G x
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Mar 05, 2007, 22:05
does he bollux!
I'll let him know about the meet tho just in case he wants to show up with an arm full of his latest CD's
PeteG
moss
moss
2897 posts

Mar 06, 2007, 07:57
he'll probably not have much luck - our book sale was a disaster ;)
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Mar 06, 2007, 09:27
Book sale? BOOK SALE???

Madam - I think you are mistaken - it was a friendly exchange of gifts between friends! No money changed hands.

But my advice is this: If you see one you like, don't stand on ceremony, or hold back out of politeness, or some other bugger'll have it! ;o)

Maybe we could reintroduce the book swap this time! :o)

G x
moss
moss
2897 posts

Mar 06, 2007, 10:55
Sorry - as you say, a friendly tribal meeting with gifts and food exchanged, washed down with sake..
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Mar 06, 2007, 12:52
If I make it down this time (depends on a couple of external factors), I may have a few books with me...
jacksprat
jacksprat
284 posts

Mar 10, 2007, 22:31
Bonjour all

I appreciate I'm joining this thread extremely late. Is the 12th May in Avebury confirmed? Due to forces outside of my control last year (namely the FMJ threatening to no longer be the FMJ) I missed the last meet in August. This was very disappointing and as a consequence I never met the lovely Treaclechops.

Also, sorry I've been so quiet, I've moved to Brighton and have had to cope with doing my cottage up to rent out, finding somewhere down here, getting settled, etc. My job dictates I can't log on as often as I used to so I've missed out the last couple of months. I really miss Oxfordshire and in particular my friend the Hawkstone who, for some reason I cannot fathom, I would drive 30 miles to see every week??? Moth and Jane I blame you....!

I hope you are all well, I will endeavour to be there in May if it's on. Sussex seems quiet megalithacally, though I visited the Old man of Wilmington the other day. Underwhelmed, but being raised around the Rollrights, I am fussy. The Downs are wonderful though and we had a good day so will blog again as soon as i mend the camera the FMJ conspired to drop, (who's threatening who now!?)

Take care all

Cheers
JS
Pages: 23 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index