Head To Head
Register
The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
Lets Blow this Dowsing Lark off Finally!

Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re:you want proof?
Apr 06, 2006, 07:06
> I realise that the norman church's are off your beaten track, but, they are built on former ancient sites

Sorry if I'm falling for the bait again, but genuinely - is this so? I realise SOME of them were probably built on previous sites, but all of them? Does anyone else know if this is true?

> sorry but you will have to live with this, not my fault, I am just the messanger

Yes, but, like the city centre preachers, shouting words of salvation to everyone who passes - nobody wants or needs your "message"! It IS your fault! Nobody is ASKING for this "information"!

G x
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

Re: Lets Blow this Dowsing Lark off Fina
Apr 06, 2006, 07:37
I see Derren Brown is going dowsing this week... that should be good for a larf :)
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Apr 06, 2006, 08:06
dunno if anyone has mentioned it yet but it's known as the ideomotor effect , "magicians" use it to pick up subtle signals from the punters. Even lawyers ,it is suggested , use ideomotor questioning to elicit info .Derren Brown as TB has told us is dowsing next week .
jacksprat
jacksprat
284 posts

Apr 06, 2006, 08:49
I do like Derren Brown - did anyone see his shows when he debunked the mediums and evangelists in America last year? And also when he staged the ouija board and seance in a 'haunted' house where a supposed mass suicide took place - only for the 'dead' that the participats were communicating with to walk out at the end! Brilliant. It was all done using ideometry,

A very clever man. I can't wait to see what he does with Dowsing. But - just because he'll probably prove how he can do it as a stunt, I don't necessary think he'll disprove it as a phenomenon.
Cursuswalker
Cursuswalker
597 posts

Re: Lets Blow this Dowsing Lark off Fina
Apr 06, 2006, 11:05
When will that be on?
jacksprat
jacksprat
284 posts

Re: Lets Blow this Dowsing Lark off Finally!
Apr 06, 2006, 11:57
Sunday at 9pm I think.
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

Apr 06, 2006, 15:25
> A very clever man. I can't wait to see what he does with Dowsing. But - just because he'll probably prove how he can do it as a stunt, I don't necessary think he'll disprove it as a phenomenon.

Occams razor perhaps? If the simplest explanation is that it's a stunt then it's probably a stunt :D Whatever, it should be fun and interesting.
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Apr 06, 2006, 15:42
Indeed! I reckon it'll be interesting to see what he says about dowsing per se... From a professional psycho-wotsit point of view, like...

Looking forward to it - cheers for the heads up!

G x
Steve Gray
Steve Gray
931 posts

Apr 06, 2006, 16:18
"The thing is, I watch the rods closely, hand to eye co-ordination is part of it."

I thought you said you could "feel" the energy.

Anyway, I've devised another plan. What if we made a lightweight wire frame covered in opaque material (say aluminium foil), that you could wear on your head or shoulders? The frame would support a curtain of the fabric that would obscure your vision in all directions except downwards. You would be able to see your rods and the ground, but not landmarks, trees, sky or anything that might give you a frame of reference. We would have to conduct the experiment on a cloudy day so that you could not use shadows to guide you.

If you think that aluminium foil would interfere with the energy, we might be able to find a "blackout" type of fabric, but it will probably be a bit heavier.

You'd look a bit wierd and you'd probably raise a few laughs, but if you're thick-skinned enough for that I think it might be a good way to test your claims.
TheBear
TheBear
981 posts

Can Lizards dowse?
Apr 06, 2006, 16:53
They better fucking well be able to.
Pages: 17 – [ Previous | 16 7 8 9 10 11 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index