Over your heads

110 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: Over your heads
Jan 27, 2006, 01:32
Well, hope you don't mind me butting, Cropredy. I've been avoiding posting on this thread, as the person who started it was so clearly 'baiting'. As morfe said, showing that strange arrogant rudeness and mysteriousness we've seen a lot of lately.

I changed my mind tho, coz I'm sure YOU ask the question from a genuinely interested point of view. Knowing Goff quite well, I suspect that he's a bit like me in this respect. (PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong, Goff.)

I've no clear idea of what the sites were 'for', other than many of the theories written in the many books and websites etc I've read seem very feasible. Mainly those that are accompanied by some kind of tangible evidence, or logical use of extrapolation from anthropology.

As so many people from all walks of life have studied these things for so many years, and so many different points of view and angles, I'm very wary of anyone who says they DO know what they're/were for. Skeptical, even. So many theories have been made and so many theories have been disproved by evidence brought to light over the years.

At present I've got no belief that they can be "booted up" or "operated", as I've not seen a shred of evidence that they can. And someone appearing out of the blue shouting the odds, being mysterious, presenting no evidence & trying to wind people up ain't gonna do much to persuade me! ;^)

love

Moth
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index