Henge corrals?

Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Re: Bunfight at the Barbrook Corral?
Dec 28, 2005, 10:16
Whatever it became , fanciful reconstruction , corral etc. who knows .What we do know is that it had a cinerary urn ,dated from the Middle Bronze Age ,containing cremated bone , buried in a pit and covered by a cairn , alongside were were two flint scrapers and a flint knife . Another pit containing a cremation was close to the pit and near the centre was a cist with a cup marked capston .A third pit was filled with stones and had another cup marked rock close to it. Nine stones , possibly not socketed but merely held in place by an embanked ring encircled the pits/cairn .The tallest stone was in the SW . All that adds to me as a ritual site unless of course all this cremated bone and marking rocks stuff was really an early form of Steinerian biodynamics and it was really a walled garden.
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Dec 28, 2005, 10:54
Interesting. Wonder if that gap in the right-hand section of the wall is original?
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Henge corrals?
Dec 28, 2005, 15:19
"I will take on any challenge, any lazer test or whatever, because I have already tested Myself, and KNOW that I will beat any such test."

Cropredy, that's not quite the same as saying you've tested yourself in the way you were invited to is it?
Have you?
Just to remind you, you've told us that the lines are absolutely dead straight so you've been invited to plot a dead stright line for a kilometer over the brow of a hill.

I really think it would be more considerate to everyone if you desisted from saying "I KNOW" until you've done that. Once you have then "I KNOW" will make more sense.
stubob
stubob
308 posts

Dec 28, 2005, 15:22
Crikey Peter....
Barbrook II...A corral? I'm suddenly reminded of Emile Heskey in the 6-yard box.

nice one
stu.
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Dec 28, 2005, 16:26
Fair enough and thanks. With those cremations present, I agree that the site is a sacred one.
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Dec 28, 2005, 16:27
Sorry, but who is Emile Heskey?
PeterH
PeterH
1180 posts

Dec 28, 2005, 16:33
I don't say that you are lying. I know that you believe in the truth of what you are doing, but that doesn't mean that others will recognise that truth. If you say that most ancient churches were built on earlier sites, I must disagree. Some certainly were.
tiompan
tiompan
5758 posts

Dec 28, 2005, 17:41
I came across this about 18 months and would happily concede it is a pen of some sort but it has no entrance and there is a cup marked stone within 150m. The local farmer doesn't know what it is either rhttp://rockartuk.fotopic.net/c396745.html .The marked rock can be found at the same site under the name Denoon Burn . Sorry about the pic it's one of those taken from quite a distance to get it all in .
nigelswift
8112 posts

Dec 28, 2005, 19:16
I'm not trying to trip you up and there's certainly no need for a laser.
I'm purely interested in your ability to mark a SINGLE kilometre long straight line, entirely separate from other lines or involving the calculating of centre lines amongst many etc etc.

I don't think you are lying, I just don't think it's do-able or that you've done it like that.
juamei
juamei
2013 posts

Dec 28, 2005, 19:36
Looks a bit like a Dorset ring barrow. There's one at Oakley Down.
http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/post/24194
Pages: 16 – [ Previous | 111 12 13 14 15 16 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index