Which type of camera do we use?

113 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
CianMcLiam
CianMcLiam
1067 posts

Now there's a can of worms!
Dec 02, 2005, 11:26
Maybe my monitor needs calibrating, but it does look more orange than red on my PC! The other thing is that if this photo, which is not enhanced, should be put in a seperate section like 'magic realism' then all black and white photos should go into this genre automatically too, since the sky is never black and grass is never grey. Using B&W film or converting a digital photo to B&W is one of the most extreme manipulations you can make. I use much much more subtle touches in photoshop on colour photos. Maybe thats why I'm a little touchy about the idea that all my photos are in some way faked, comapred to B&W photos they are much more closer to reality.

I used RAW mode on my camera which means in the Nikon software I can pick a point on the photo (in this case a certain part of the stone) and tell the software 'this should be grey'. From that the software can then work out all the other colours exactly so the final colour is exactly as it was at that time. If I had brought a grey card and taken a photo with that in it then it would be slightly more accurate but not by a whole lot.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index