Which type of camera do we use?

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
fitzcoraldo
fitzcoraldo
2709 posts

Re: Which type of camera do we use?
Dec 03, 2005, 16:35
Many years ago I was asked what I wanted as a twenty first birthday present from my old man. I told him a camera. The camera I had in mind was the Olympus Trip. I ended up with an Canon AE-1 which I always used on automatic until it finally gave up the ghost last year.
I now have a canon powershot S400 but your thanks to you speaking about the Olympus Trip I have decided to get back into hassle-free 35mm with an idiot proof camera.
I've just picked up an original Olympus Trip on e-bay for a ten new pounds.
cheers Morfe matey, thanks to you, a twenty two year ambition has now reached fruition.
morfe
morfe
2992 posts

Trippin
Dec 03, 2005, 16:49
Fark yeah! Rock Fitzoid ! :-)

Unless you have the manual already, this might be useful:

http://www.kyphoto.com/classics/manuals/pages/olympustrip.html

You'll see a form, enter the following:

(name) free
(password) manuals

Also some handy tips here:

http://www.peter-leslie.co.uk/trip35.html

and here:

http://www.olympus-trip.co.uk/homepage.html
Grendel
317 posts

Dec 03, 2005, 17:13
Canon EOS 33 SLR
Canon EOS 300 SLR
Tamron 28-88mm lens
Tamron 80-210mm lens (recently dropped but only smashed the skylght filter)
Sony DSC-P52 digi

I swing between loving and hating digital photogrpahy but I'm sure I'd love it *when* I get a digi-SLR (I try to do some rally photography as well so compact digitals are woeful for that).

G
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Dec 03, 2005, 18:13
>I try to do some rally photography as well so compact digitals are woeful for that

LOL! Funnily enough, the reason I first got an SLR as a spotty teenager was to take pics of motor racing. Not had much chance to try the digiSLR for this...yet!!!

I love digi pretty wholeheartedly, esp since getting the digiSLR mainly coz it's like a 'blank cheque' to fund experimental shots or to bang away 'til you get it right - particularly useful for stuff like gigs and motor racing! (Being able to instantly review's handy as well of course.)

In fact, I wasn't really enough into the nicities of photography or wanting to print at large sizes to miss film at all. (Other than missing actually having 'photos' coz I rarely get round to printing owt....)

love

Moth
Lubin
Lubin
509 posts

Dec 03, 2005, 18:44
Only just seen this one, EOS 100 with Tamron 28-300, Yashica FX-3 super 2000 with Carl Zeiss lenses for back up, as no battery needed other than meter , which is not essential. I have recently bought a Sony Cybershot W-5 which I find very good for a digi compact, the Carl Zeiss lense was what swung it for me. I was on Dartmoor in the snow last weekend and took around 100 photos at 5 megapixels and the batteries lasted. I am using 2300 Ah Nm Hi rechargable AA's , the camera takes two. I was most suprised by the performance of the camera as I have not realy been a great fan of digital, I only got it as a light weight to carry in my pocket when I didn't want to take every thing out with me. All my posts on TMA since August have been taken with it , and all I have done in Photoshop is reduce them for the web. Well worth a look if anyone is interested in a digital compact, and it looks like a camera.

Peace Lubin.
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Don't mind talking cameras!
Dec 04, 2005, 10:21
Mail sent, but for the others search ebay for <b>BP511</b>. These fit the D60 and the 300/Rebel
wolfnighthunter
wolfnighthunter
588 posts

Dec 04, 2005, 10:26
I had a look at the Panasonic Lumix FZ30 in Jessops, its a good looking machine, good spec...but its not that cheap..or it might the D70 or D50, or the Konica Dynax 5D, that is my narrowed down choice.
Lubin
Lubin
509 posts

Dec 04, 2005, 10:38
The Panasonic is a good camera. I looked at it before I bought the Sony, but it was a bit big for what I wanted or that is what I would have got. The Leica lens is good and it has a long optical zoom if that is one of your requirements.

Peace Lubin.
Grendel
317 posts

Dec 04, 2005, 16:28
I think the birth of t'internet and sites like TMA/TMP have given re-newed interest in photography - these websites have both benefitted as a result.

With a high capacity memory card costing the same as 5 to 10 rolls of film an investment in a DSLR looks good value (especially if we all get pics like Cian McLiam's!).

I've also found for work presentations the wacky viewpoints you can get with a compact digicam can makke a real difference.

G
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Dec 05, 2005, 12:51
Having a helluva time getting used to the autofocus on that. Also, can't suss out how to get non-blurred artificial light (ie indoors without flash) pix. Should probably spend some time with the manual though...
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index