WKLB to Close?

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: WKLB to Close?
Nov 09, 2004, 23:13
Subverting this WKLB thread with Maes Howe, but...

D'you reckon Maes Howe would be as freaky as fairy knowe if it didn't have the guide and the lights? I can't compare, having not got to the Fairy Knowe :(
But I like a nice freaky tomb after going to Orkney.
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Re: Typo...
Nov 09, 2004, 23:17
Nowt against badly rolled spliffs Tree, but I think it's not too much bother or baroow visitors to have to reach back into a pocket for a lighter. I mean, where will it end? Some poor stoner setting his pocket alight by putting the teelite back in it having just relit a spliff, then running amok inside WKLB. It would be a national disgrace :)
suave harv
suave harv
704 posts

Nov 09, 2004, 23:20
>I just hope it isn't an excuse to put a gate on and charge for access in the future. Cynic that I am.

;-) U-know!
suave harv
suave harv
704 posts

Nov 09, 2004, 23:29
Maes Howe would be AMAZING on your own after dark. Especialy if you crawled in one of those chambers I reckon. At the Fairy Knowe you can crawl around the small s
chambers to your hearts content, but it's seriously freaky, (Moth & Jane, did you go?). It's darker than dark.
Orkney is everything, isn't it?
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Nov 09, 2004, 23:37
Ha! I'm cynical enough to believe it but too thick to have thought of it!!! Are NT?

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Nov 09, 2004, 23:42
Yep! And Wideford etc. Think I could stay a nite in em wi no probs. I don't really 'get' "spooky".

No imagination y'see!!! This one might just 'get' me tho.... http://www.themodernantiquarian.com/site/394

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Nov 09, 2004, 23:44
I think you've got lovely knees anyway Mr 'Ob....

Sorry - think I should go to bed.

love

Moth
Hob
Hob
4033 posts

Nov 09, 2004, 23:48
Owrgh, me knees haven't quite recovered from the gravel in Wideford cairn!
Littlestone
Littlestone
5386 posts

Nov 09, 2004, 23:55
PS Would seem to me that the frequent flooding of the entrance to the barrow actually poses more of a structural threat than any candles burning within it. Call me an old conspiracy theorist but closing WKLB on the basis of candle power would be a convenient cop-out for English Heritage.
Pete G
Pete G
3506 posts

Nov 09, 2004, 23:58
If people cannot leave offerings then only thing left is..
http://pictureposter.allbrand.nu/pictures/JustME/chasing.jpg
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index