The Modern Antiquarian Forum »
DOWSING

117 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
morfe lux
301 posts

Re: DOWSING
Sep 11, 2003, 16:56
Ok now I'm for it. I was in a wheelchair 4 years ago with 'spondyloarthropathy' (basically my foot joints were fucked by mutated white blood cells) and was told it was incurable. I was bedridden for 18 months, I refused steroids and all manner of invasive NSAID's, after a year of meditating and militant diet control, I managed to get onto elbow crutches. From there back on to my mountain bike with the help of Voltarol. I managed to get to a stone circle that's 'my place' on Exmoor, and for some unknown reason other than 'blind' faith and/or intuition I spilled blood on one of the stones, believing that as the sun rose, the blood would dry, and I would be on the road to recovery. I climbed Cader Idris this year after 5 years of agony and disbelief that it could happen to me. I don't think the 'stones' cured me, I just beleiev that we find our own 'home' and the power in each of us is harmonic. Unless we find that harmony then we cannot activate our own healing. Sometimes stronger methods are needed than medicine. That's my 2 pence worth. A skeptic would say that I've had a spontaneous remission, and maybe they are right. But what the fuck, it was my deep love of those places that made it unthinkable to me to be unable to go there on my own steam. Faith is strength, but blind faith is stupid. There are more hings in heaven and earth..bla bla.
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index