DOWSING

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Ajar sezmoth
Sep 11, 2003, 12:36
Ch**ches & shrines etc tend to get people going on about 'feelings & stuff' don't they?

love

Moth
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re: The C word
Sep 11, 2003, 12:44
ugh - dont mention that!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Ajar sezmoth
Sep 11, 2003, 12:45
Well, yes, although I suppose you could say that was prompted by knowing what they were, but the crux of my hypothesis, that I don't believe for a moment because I'm sensible, is that it you took broken circles and whole circles (in other words you have no variables except the one, their degree of completeness) you might find people tended to react more to the complete ones, and this would then prove...whatever a sceptic or believer wanted it to...
Shall I go now?
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Funnily enough ...
Sep 11, 2003, 12:49
The biggest feeling of this nature I have had at a stone circle was at a very incomplete one.

However, I think the landscape around it was pretty complete though. It's one of those places that the monument took me to, placed there to say LOOK AT THIS!!! rather than look at me ...
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Funnily enough ...
Sep 11, 2003, 12:56
The Rollrights aren't like that, they're very much of the "look at me" variety. I'm big on the idea of landscape adding atmosphere, which is why I was surprised they should have so much.
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 11, 2003, 13:05
That's another thing!

Why is the C word so universally reviled and dismissed on this site, and no-one accuses anyone of having a closed mind for so doing, whereas there's other words like the L word (Leys) and lots of others that a lot of slack is cut for, and if you actually say it's nonsense you get accused of cynicism.

What is it about L that's more probable than C?
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Sep 11, 2003, 13:20
I've never noticed a correlation between my 'unusual' feelings at a site and its completeness or incompleteness, OR it's 'significant landscape' (or 'lack of'). I'll have to try to remember properly where & when I've 'come over all unnecessary' at sites....

Also Nigel, if you're saying that the 'layout' of the Rollrights plays a part, how come it hasn't happened before?

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Sep 11, 2003, 13:23
Think it's largely tongue in cheek with most of us N, though there're also some of us that have a particular dislike of christian or in my case for example, monotheist religions.

love

M
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 11, 2003, 13:28
Sorry, I don't follow. What do you mean about "how come it hasn't happened before?"
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 11, 2003, 13:37
Yes, but I have a feeling that if you posted something like "there's a Ch*rch and a L*y Line near here" you'd be more likely to be pulled up for your cynical attitude towards the second one.
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 14 5 6 7 8 9 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index