DOWSING

Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: right off
Sep 11, 2003, 12:04
This is where it loses me guys & I revert to type!!

I believe if there is anything then it's dependent on the time, the place, the person, and probably even the circumstances and emotions around at the time.

I'm (as yet!) totally unconvinced that it's tangible in any other ways.

love

Moth
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re:sensational
Sep 11, 2003, 12:04
I know what you mean, it doesnt fit well. I'll be adding to my fieldnotes shortly with another minor peculiarity I noticed a couple of weeks back in Wales. Just waiting for my photos from Boots!
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Re: right on
Sep 11, 2003, 12:08
But photos mean nowt do they - people can do owt with photos & photos can 'come out weird' in the most mundane of circumstances and places.

I've heard of quite a few people who get a bit freaked by the King Stone though...Treaclechops I think, for example (and that's prob quite unusual for her I suspect).

love

Moth
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re: HHmm.
Sep 11, 2003, 12:08
it does start to border on the weirdo camp - i prefer to consider it a physical phenomena (as in Physics rather than I can feel it with my hands!) reacting with the brain or some other organ as opposed to being 'spiritual' or 'psychic' which is where i leave the party too!
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re: fotos
Sep 11, 2003, 12:10
True, I'd just like to see it out of curiosity! Being a digital artist myself, I can detect a phoney a mile away!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Sep 11, 2003, 12:13
"I'm (as yet!) totally unconvinced that it's tangible in any other ways."

But isn't that pretty much a description of mystical, supernatural, pschical and the eccentric end of dowsing?

So what am I saying? What indeed?
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re: Open Seznigel
Sep 11, 2003, 12:18
its hard to quantify, but its good to see such openmindedness! Bring it on!
Wotan
Wotan
606 posts

Re: Private party
Sep 11, 2003, 12:21
Wheres Mr McSherry when all this is going on ? After posting the energy grid thread, he's buggered off and missed all this bleeding edge speculation and controversy!
nigelswift
8112 posts

Re: Open Seznigel
Sep 11, 2003, 12:30
OK, you've suckered me to step a little further along this path that I've always regarded as the high road to madness...
I get the feeling (from me and others) that circles are more likely to cause people to comment on their feelings than are other types of monuments. Ergo, the more complete the circle, the more potent it's... whatever it is...

I wonder if I'm Austin McSherry, condemned through my sins, to be imprisoned by rationality...
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Sep 11, 2003, 12:30
Well yeah N, but personally I'm not bothered about proof or something tangible. I'm quite happy to speculate & talk bollocks etc as you know!

If people get into trying to photograph stuff like this, to have ME convinced they'd have to follow ME around for a few years on megarak trips, taking photos of each site I visit while I'm there. After the few years were up, they could show me their 'mystical' photos & I'd see if there was any correlation between any interesting phenomena on the photos & any interesting feelings I had at the site....

love

Moth
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 13 4 5 6 7 8 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index