Re: Cerne Abbas - a bit ruder - bit of a joke
Jul 03, 2003, 22:53
Come again?
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: All your favourite sites.
Jul 04, 2003, 09:13
I, as an avid channel hopper, caught the first one by accident - it was on Stately Homes... quite interesting...
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: All your favourite sites.
Jul 04, 2003, 09:15
Again - I should read the whole thread before repeating other people's replies - sorry! ;o) Missed the gardens one last night, which I wanted to see, and will miss the castles one tonight if I forget to video it. I'm sure there's a life out there for me somewhere...
Joanna
Joanna
658 posts

Re: Cerne Abbas - a bit ruder - bit of
Jul 04, 2003, 09:28
cor blimey I ask a question about ancient monuments and I get rejects from Jim Davidson's gag writing team :) My scholarly sensibilities are all disappointed in the lot of you :)
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Re: Apropos of nothing...
Jul 04, 2003, 09:44
Channel 5 viewers' top 10 ancient sites? Doesn't exactly draw the eye, does it? ;o)

Is it just me that liked those Cerne Abbas clocks? Works of genius if you ask me.

Probably cos I'm the only person in the world who bought one! I love it. Brightens up the living room.

;o)
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Dating a giant
Jul 04, 2003, 10:15
I did have abit of a go at scholarly research to find out why they can't date him in the way they did the White Horse, but then people who shall remain nameless started talking dirty & I came over all unnecessary.

Sorry ma'am, I apologise.

I'll curb my baser instincts & have a proper poke around today.

And, yes, I did say 'poke'. (Snigger.)

love

Moth
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

C(l)ocks
Jul 04, 2003, 10:20
D'ya know I nearly mentioned them yesterday. I thought they were dead ace & I need a clock for me living room since me ex got custody of the nice hand-made woody effort we bought on Arran. (It was a bit classy for me anyway.)

Sorry Joanna, stuff research on chalk dating, I'm off to see if I can buy a cock-clock online!!

love

Excited (not in THAT way) Moth
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Re: C(l)ocks
Jul 04, 2003, 10:24
They were really good weren't they. I wonder whether he does mail order? Anyone know of a Web site?

Kammer x
Moth
Moth
5236 posts

Jul 04, 2003, 10:36
K

Found this so far - no online ordering though....

http://www.greenmanbooks.co.uk/crafts.html

I'll keep you informed :^)

love

M
goffik
goffik
3926 posts

Jul 04, 2003, 11:27
I got my cock clock from Harbour Times in Weymouth - purveyors of fine phallus-related timepieces.

http://www.harbourtimes.co.uk/ - complete with a wee piccy of the one in question!

Doesn't appear to be a way of ordering via the website (apart form email) but he's a lovely bloke and I'm sure you can order by phone...
Pages: 12 – [ Previous | 17 8 9 10 11 12 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index