Cerrig Meibion Arthur »
Cerrig Meibion Arthur - easy to locate?

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
zymaron
6 posts

Cerrig Meibion Arthur - easy to locate?
Apr 29, 2003, 05:39
I am going to be in England - Glastonbury - for a few days and very much want to visit the Preseli Hills to witness these stones. I have no sense of how far away from the road they are - if I can easily find them. I have felt deeply connected to these stones ever since I first saw them in a photograph which ended up on the cover of my latest CD, "Avalon."

Can anyone give me specific directions? I know how to get to Rosebush by car. This is as far as I have been able to track the stones - that they are near Foelcwmcerwyn.

Any help will be very appreciated.
Zymaron
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Re: Cerrig Meibion Arthur - easy to locate?
Apr 29, 2003, 07:20
Go to www.streetmap.co.uk and search for Rosebush (place rather than street). Zoom out, and Foel Cwmcerwyn is a couple of miles northwest.

Wonderful tool, Streetmap :-)
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Apr 29, 2003, 07:21
Compasses are good too - I meant North EAST. Doh!
zymaron
6 posts

Apr 29, 2003, 07:33
Can anyone tell me how far the walk is from Rosebush to the stones? Are they easily identified from a main path?
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Apr 29, 2003, 22:20
Sorry, I was a bit slow off the mark there. I've not yet visited this site, but I nearly did the week before last (ran out of time). I'd be interested to know what the access is like (in boring lengthy detail if possible).

Kammer x
Grendel
317 posts

Re: Cerrig Meibion Arthur - easy to loca
Apr 29, 2003, 22:39
Too busy hunting Glynsaithmaen stones I expect ;-)

See the mirror thread running...

G
zymaron
6 posts

Apr 30, 2003, 00:55
Yes. This is what I am looking for. "Boring, lengthy detail." Anyone out there with that kind of information?

Thanks in advance.
zymaron
6 posts

Apr 30, 2003, 01:02
As a part of my quest - I hve come across this new wrinkle.

I understand Meini Meibion Arthur is located below the Preseli Hills near Cwm Garw farm. Are these standing stones the same as Cerrig Meibion Arthur by another name? Cwm Garw Farm doesn't seem very close to Foel Cwmcerwyn - which is where Cerrig Meibion Arthur is located according to my information.

Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks.
Grendel
317 posts

Apr 30, 2003, 07:21
Cerrig Meibion Arthur also known as The Stones of the Sons of Arthur and Cwm Garw are easily accessible along a farm track and is a ten minute walk (they can be seen from the road). You can park on the open moor (make sure it's not wet) - full details can be found here:

http://www.megalithic.co.uk/article.php?sid=1448

Some research of the areawill pay dividends as you won't want to miss out on the other gems!

You will need the Ordnance Survey Explorer OL35 map which is excellent and double sided.

For other great sites in the area get hold of a copy of the forthcoming White Dragon magazine if you can as I believe there is an article on the Preselis in that too (;-)).

Hope this helps and have a great visit.

Grendel
Kammer
Kammer
3083 posts

Apr 30, 2003, 12:04
Didn't make it to the Glynsaithmaen stones. Is there another Preseli related thread going on? I can't find it. Sorry if I'm being stoopid.

:-)#

Kammer x
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index