Re: Falmouth
Apr 24, 2003, 13:47
Hoorah!

I went to Lands End, and laughed at the signs which say:

DANGEROUS CLIFF

WELCOME TO LANDS END

>THIS WAY

TOUCHED AN ANIMAL? NOW WASH YOUR HANDS!

Signs are amusing. I think I'm going to make some signs and post them around my house.

I sat at Men-an-Tol (well crouched between two gorse bushes cos it was bloody cold and windy) and attempted to paint, only I HATE ACRYLICS cos they dry far too quickly. And I only had a cardboard box to paint on cos it was Good Friday and the art shop was shut.

But that was cool.

Got frightened by a large black labrador whilst my head was stuck in my painting, it came bounding up barking. Shit the life out of me, so I jumped up squealing, and spotted the dog owner and abused him thoroughly with my Midlandic language. Suprisingly enough he didn't apologise.

Then I got paranoid, packed up and left. To be greeted by a dead adder on the way out.

Also went to Boleigh Fogou, Lanyon Quoit and the Merry Maidens.

Boleigh was heavy, but sweet. Definately a place for Piskeys! Its almost in someones garden? They obviously take good care of it. Lanyon was incredible, and the Merry Maidens were fun. Well I ran about laughing lots there anyways.

Trouble is, unless you're prepared to hitch/yomp everywhere, without a car its difficult getting around.

And when the sun is warm... theres nothing like the peace when crashing on the beach to the sound of waves and waking up with sand stuck to your face ;)

Had a grate weekend, I did.

Pix xx
Topic Outline:

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index