Falmouth

Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
LPHP
335 posts

Re: Falmouth
Apr 10, 2003, 12:01
I think it happened to Wotan yesterday.

MAD! Its like... two parallel universes colliding resulting a double posting!

Wow.

Heavy.

Pix xx
The Werg
25 posts

Re: Cornovia & Books
Apr 10, 2003, 15:34
I picked up my copy of Cornovia at the Eden Project!

Also must recommend The Romance of the Stones (which I picked up in WHSmiths in Truro) by Robin Payne (illustrated by Rosemarie Lewsey) - covers, allegedly, every megalith in Cornwall, existing or perished. There are 2 editions - one is huge and about £50 depending on where you get it, the other is just the gazeteer, and I got mine for £10. A quick search got me this online reference to the book: http://www.cw.cx/nder/books/rots.htm

Carn Brea (read up on the place before visiting - numerous stones and archaeology features there), Wendron, Burras Menhir, Mabe Church Menhir. Many reports by me, and others are here:
http://www.stonehenge.uklinux.net/modules.php?op=modload&name=My_eGallery&file=index&do=showgall&gid=23

Enjoy yourself!

So much to see in Cornwall!

The Werg
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Re: Foulmouth
Apr 10, 2003, 15:36
I feckin' hate feckin' Cornwall. The feckin' place is feckin' full of feckin' c*nts!
ocifant
ocifant
1758 posts

Apr 10, 2003, 15:56
And here's me planning a trip to Ireland!

Still, there's no accounting for taste ;-)
pure joy
pure joy
334 posts

Apr 10, 2003, 21:42
Pix

By the by, you can borrow anything you want from me if you want (Belerion, Cornovia, other cornwall books, maps). Don't wanna be negative but I wouldn't necessarily leave guide books to chance when you get there (unless u r just a wild and crazy gal) - Belerion and Cornovia do pop up in lots of touristy places but you can't be certain. And I doubt you'll be able to stumble across the Meyn Mamvro publications.
LPHP
335 posts

Apr 10, 2003, 22:21
Well... I'm buggering off on the 18th hopefully... so it doesnt leave an awful lot of time for preparation.

I feel lucky.

Pix xx
cHARLIE
cHARLIE
2607 posts

Apr 11, 2003, 01:08
Ma brother lives there and he's a bit of a neolithic relic very much in the keltiC sense of the word! Just don't go out drinking with him! u have been warned !
blablabla red wine always makes me talk shite sorry! I'll go now sorry sorry. (as he bows his way out)
I AM not ere*
FourWinds
FourWinds
10943 posts

Apr 11, 2003, 09:10
Hope I wasn't taken too seriously. I just couldn't resist the 'foulmouth' perversion of the subject.

Cornwall is full of great places - some of the best in GB.

FOUGOU !!!!
LPHP
335 posts

Apr 11, 2003, 09:54
Red wine? Red wine makes me laugh raucously, and the I'm hungover for a whole DAY.

Sometimes its not what the sounds mean... its just the sounds themselves that make it worth while.

Thanks for your input folks!

Pix xx
IronMan
IronMan
601 posts

Re: Fullmouth
Apr 11, 2003, 12:01
mfff fmfmf fm fmfmfm fmmmf mfmfmf mmff... <etc>
Pages: 7 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

The Modern Antiquarian Forum Index