7 messages
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Howden
Howden
216 posts

Re: best live gig ever, ever!
Feb 10, 2003, 22:43
View changing:
Bunked off school to go to Birmingham on the 'Correct Use of Soap' tour. Support should have been Manicured Noise who had a brilliant single out calles 'Faith'. They'd split! Sat in the support band's dressing room and a band called Bauhaus arrive. Leg warmers and Afgan scarves! A bit too art school. Go out to see third on the bill, then back into dressing room. Singer's in white underpants painting his face and chest white! Guitarist, who badly needs a haircut, is fixing his own make-up! Drummer talks to me and my mate but is pulled away but the twat with the Timmy Mallett glasses! Go out to see them and they are fucking awesome! They hype the crowd up to a virtual riot. Murphy spits, and swings his mike stand down on the boneheads! Remember 'Bela Lugosi...' as soon as I hear it. Less than twenty minutes before they flee the stage. Can't get backstage! Barricaded. Magazine play. They're in their everyday clothes. Adamson breaks a string during 'Shot By Both Sides' but still plays it funky. Bauhaus are all we talk about afterwards. I'm in big trouble at home, but it's worth it! Had thought that it was just about the music before I saw Bauhaus. Came away thinking that there's no reason why it can't be more than a show!

For love:
Gavin Friday
at the Manchester School of Music.
Him, The Man Seezer on piano, a girl playing bass or clarinet, and the most beautiful woman in the world playing cello. Small rose tattoo on her cleavage. Black cycling shorts underneath a diaphanous black lace skirt. Black, lace-up Victorian boots.Long red hair tied back, but falling loose! Gavin gave a fantastic soundtrack to fall in love to.

Sheer enjoyment:
Cope at Wolverhampton in '95. Three solid hours of him performing. I was off my head with no narcotics involved! Awesome entertainment.

Seen some brilliant bands over the years. Too many moments to list...

Unsung Forum Index