Swans/Burning World re-ish+

Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Swans/Burning World re-ish+
Feb 06, 2003, 13:12
Seen the band mentioned here often enough that I thought some folks might find this Very interesting,and somewhat exciting..

[The folks at Young Gods records] have
decided to make the material on the long out of print Swans album The
Burning World available in very limited quantities, exclusively
through the website http://www.younggodrecords.com and at live shows,
to meet the repeated inquiries about it we receive here. This
special, handmade issue, with new art etc, will also include songs
from White Light From The Mouth of Infinity, Love of Life, B-sides to
related singles, and maybe (maybe!) the infamous MG version of Love
Will Tear Us Apart, space permitting. These extra tracks will be
songs that weren't included in the Various Failures CD. The title of
this cd will be: FOREVER BURNED. If you are interested in this
upcoming CD, please click below. This will give us a clear idea of
how many to make. Once we make them, they'll be gone forever, and we
won't make any more. Thanks very much!
MG/YGR

http://www.younggodrecords.com/survey.asp

Yessssssss!...I've always dug this album,but my copy..not the case..just the cd..vanished years ago and the ebay prices on this lil baby can get quite pricey
johan
165 posts

Re: Swans/Burning World re-ish+
Feb 06, 2003, 19:41
Registered my interest. Recently bought The Great Annihilator, splendid stuff. Love Gyra's lyrics even though most of them have the same imagery.

johan
Myer
42 posts

Feb 06, 2003, 21:39
I registered mine too; I have always missed the burning world and Children of God. Wish they release it with its original artwork; OK, those double browny compilations are fine but...Where are the scary bunnies...ha?

regards.
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Feb 06, 2003, 22:07
Actually,neither Burning World or CoG ever had the bunnies on the covers originally..those were used during the White Light from the Mouth of Infinity/Love of Life period,and for the Various Failures collection that covered them&that period.

Burning World had a beautiful Robert Mapplethorpe photo of a calla lily and CoG..um..was reddish and black w/ symbols and such on it..try... http://www.swans.pair.com ....think that's right..they should have pics of all the originals

Gira can be quite fickle and particular about how his music from that period is presented,and it's actually quite suprising to see BW finally getting such (deserved) treatment,as he has long stubbonly insisted that the disc would never be re-issued as he had problems with the final mix etc.....I still think it's a fine fine album,and he obviously still cares for some of it enough to still perform,'Goddamn the Sun"..(which would actually be one of the songs on my list for the "overwhelmed in agooey way" thread below/above)..in solo performances and occcasionally with Angels of Light
..who,btw...have a new album and tour due soon...new one looks to be quite something!
Myer
42 posts

Feb 06, 2003, 22:46
Yes, Bunnies appeared only on Love of life, White light from the Mouth of Infinity sleeves and in Omniscience inner booklet (with terrible visions of burning heads and flaming swords).
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Omniscience
Feb 06, 2003, 22:57
Often forget that one,though it's pretty good...and Yes,the bunny pics are of a more disturbing variety.. always thought it was an bizarre and odd image for the band..My favorite period possibly,though it varies.

...got my cassette copy of Omniscience for free for buying something else from the site once
Myer
42 posts

Re: Omniscience
Feb 06, 2003, 23:11
strange picture of Jarboe on the sleeve; seems to be like a kind of medicine-woman.
Great cover version of Nick Drake´s Black Eyed Dog. Don´t you think?
Severin
Severin
1770 posts

Feb 07, 2003, 00:21
>>strange picture of Jarboe on the sleeve; seems to be like a kind of medicine-woman.
Great cover version of Nick Drake´s Black Eyed Dog. Don´t you think?

I was going to mention that Jarboe cover,but thought I was getting too info heavy,there '-)
She has a cool site worth checking out as well..
http://www.thelivingjarboe.com/

I was just mentioning their Nick Drake cover in a thread a week or so ago...It was also done as part of their wonderful (World of)Skin sideproject.

Annnnyway...have you heard MG's solo/AoL stuff?
johan
165 posts

Feb 07, 2003, 11:00
I've been tempted by AoL, would you recommend a purchase Severin?

johan
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7717 posts

Feb 07, 2003, 11:11
Given AOL's recent poor performance on the stock market and huge losses, this may weel be a good time to consider putting in a bid.
Pages: 2 – [ 1 2 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index