I Am A Faust Newbie

Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Beebon
1375 posts

Re: Faust v Can
Jan 14, 2003, 19:05
Hmmmmmm

All depends on the mood with me.... though overall, i'm probably more of a Can type person. Their music does sooooooo much for me and in many ways changed my life.

Faust do some very good stuff too.... but not quite as much as Can did :-)

Steve
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Jan 14, 2003, 23:05
To me, Faust is more consistent in quality; in fact, I can't think of any really awful track that they did (in their original incarnation - I like to call the latest the rump Faust). But they never reached the peaks that Can did either, perhaps because Can's members had much more musical experience and training. I think this made Can able to concoct things that were strange in the normal musical aspects (melody, harmony, etc.) even though they didn't have the surface weirdness that Faust usually exhibited.
Maldoror
Maldoror
720 posts

Jan 16, 2003, 14:19
It´s really a very tough question. But Faust is better. Can is certainly one of the best bands of the last century, but Faust belongs to another sphere, is a completely different matter... Faust is not only a band, but a whole conception of Art that have no boundaries.
TightPurpleShirt
281 posts

Re: FAUST - RIEN
Jan 17, 2003, 10:29
Does no one like the Rien album but me?

TpS
Maldoror
Maldoror
720 posts

Jan 17, 2003, 14:00
I think "Rien" is a good record. Not in the same league, for sure, of masterworks like "Clear Album", "Faust Tapes" or "So Far", but nevertheless keeping the high level that characterized Faust output.
Lascivia
Lascivia
422 posts

Jan 17, 2003, 19:15
I think it's decent too, but not as good as their classic work. It's definitely better than the later stuff I've heard by the rump Faust.
Pages: 2 – [ Previous | 1 2 ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index