Eminem v's David Blunkett

Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Re: Eminem v's David Blunkett
Jan 09, 2003, 13:40
Nah, he did on the David Vine (DY replacement) show.
necropolist
necropolist
1689 posts

Jan 09, 2003, 13:47
Jeremy Vine.
and, sorry, but he didn't (despite what the Daily Mail wrote up). He said something along the lines of 'it doesn't help' but was clear about notr b=]putting the blame upon it. Kind of fudging it really, shock horror.
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jeremy Hardy
Jan 10, 2003, 20:03
"People find it too easy to blame all of society's ills on the fact that coloured people don't sing songs that go 'doo-da' anymore"
dizzyfarie
152 posts

Jan 12, 2003, 15:44
its gt shit 2 do wiv gangstar rap, tho i cant say i find it appealin either, its th education system and th police who seem 2 me 2 b scared of scallys so instead spend their time confiscatin scateboards and th like. peeps r onli influencd that way wen they r narrow minded and th national curriculum is doin nthin 2 help that.love dizzy xXx
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Jan 13, 2003, 14:00
dizzy come down to the cafe next door to my daughters school where there were five shootings in two weeks last years and then tell me gangsta rap ain't got nothing to do with it
dizzyfarie
152 posts

Jan 13, 2003, 22:47
look, i go 2 school and i know if ppl wer beta educated not only wud ther b less racism (in my 3 yrs in high school we hav spent wot.....1 lesson on other religions than christianity) bt ppl wudnt b so influenced by gangsta rap and bsides, i know ppl who despise gangsta rap bt r most certainly 'in' with th gun culture, also we need 2 b taught a lot more about politics, in a debate mor than 3/4 of my class voted that th conservativs shud b in power 4 th only reason that "well......labour doesnt work", am i th only person scared?
ratcni01
ratcni01
916 posts

Jan 14, 2003, 11:46
agreed - you are right about that guns are not limited to only gansta rap, in fact both are true some gangsta rap does glorify the the use of guns, as does other music as you assert. It seems as if it's a case of both these things being right, certainly when I was at school there was no politcal debate really and I was in a minority with my radical views, and educating people is a major factor in improving any society. I tell you what I'd be 'kin scared if there were kids at school carrying guns when I was younger I was regularly in fights with the harder kids with reputations to preserve, 'cos I would go along with their crap and being different made me an easy target. Now tho I'd agrue with some ignorant fuck and get shot, now that is scary
dizzyfarie
152 posts

Jan 14, 2003, 19:04
it's tru and i spose i'll bak down a little-obviously peeps r influenced by th music they listen 2 and is in fashion and altho guns r ridiculously easy 2 gt hold of now (and i liv in a "gud" area) in th past year or two i hav bin a lot more accepted locally, altho most of my fiends havnt bcos i am ridiculously polite and if sum1 'starts' weras i used 2 argue, i've learnt that its much beta 2 just agree 2 let peeps hav their opinion bcos usually wen u dont try 2 fite it ther opinion does change.hope u understood that, im q confused myself at th mo, bt i think it vaguely made sense!love dizzy xXx
anthonyqkiernan
anthonyqkiernan
7087 posts

Jan 16, 2003, 11:59
http://argument.independent.co.uk/regular_columnists/mark_steel/story.jsp?story=369633
Vybik Jon
Vybik Jon
7718 posts

Jan 16, 2003, 18:17
"Drive-by cannonings"

Brilliant! And a good shout for a band name or album title.
Pages: 4 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index