Cunts Can Fuck Off

Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ]
Topic View: Flat | Threaded
Piquiod
Piquiod
525 posts

Re: Cunts Can Fuck Off
Jun 30, 2022, 16:08
I got lucky and was able to order the CD (and the wav)
I screwed up and tried to DL the wav on my phone - oh well.
Waiting for del here in the US - and DEF stoked for the upcoming full length!!!
beejay
beejay
15 posts

Jul 02, 2022, 11:58
£49 (+ £6 postage!) on Discogs! Cunts can Fuck Off indeed!
This is why the Merchandiser need to do a second run…to fuck these greedheads off.
Jeez
98 posts

Jul 03, 2022, 12:53
I've got to say I have never understood why ultra-limited editions are released - unless they have expensive to produce packaging like wooden boxes etc. I mean - who is this benefitting? Not the artist, because he won't sell many copies. Not the hardcore fans, because they are forced to pay through the nose to EBay/Discogs sharks. It must just be a vanity thing - being able to say "my single sold out straight away" even though it only sold 50 copies.
At least this single doesn't have an exclusive b-side - that really would be a cuntish thing to do.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Jul 03, 2022, 18:12
Jeez wrote:
I've got to say I have never understood why ultra-limited editions are released - unless they have expensive to produce packaging like wooden boxes etc. I mean - who is this benefitting? Not the artist, because he won't sell many copies. Not the hardcore fans, because they are forced to pay through the nose to EBay/Discogs sharks. It must just be a vanity thing - being able to say "my single sold out straight away" even though it only sold 50 copies.
At least this single doesn't have an exclusive b-side - that really would be a cuntish thing to do.

Would you still feel this way if you had bought one?

Really, it's just a promo single, to stoke interest in the new album. Nothing that special. Not everything an artist releases has to meet your personal expectations.
Brik
587 posts

Jul 03, 2022, 23:21
Blegh, guess one cheeky get got through...there's selling a rare press years after the fact for a bit more and then there's just scalping. As it's been pointed out there's no b-side or extra content to rip so it's a clean cut case. Disappointing.

I recommend to anybody who must have; hang on for a tour and/or Merchandiser clear out. There's always a few kept aside.
Jeez
98 posts

Edited Jul 06, 2022, 13:27
Jul 06, 2022, 13:25
"Would you still feel this way if you had bought one?"
Yes I would. I think it's wrong and don't understand why this latest single was designed to sell out instantly. It's a brand new track. Obviously there is a demand for the physical cd. If anyone wanted to buy this £2.50 cd single they now have to either pay a shark on Discogs £49 or enter an EBay bidding war for the other scalper's copy (at the present moment £28).

What is the point? I don't understand why and I don't want to encourage the cd equivalent of ticket touting on EBay. I don't mind admitting I don't like it and I dont like artists who do it.

Just release enough copies of the single so people who want it can buy it FFS.
Citizensmurf
Citizensmurf
1703 posts

Jul 06, 2022, 15:55
Jeez wrote:
"Would you still feel this way if you had bought one?"
Yes I would. I think it's wrong and don't understand why this latest single was designed to sell out instantly. It's a brand new track. Obviously there is a demand for the physical cd. If anyone wanted to buy this £2.50 cd single they now have to either pay a shark on Discogs £49 or enter an EBay bidding war for the other scalper's copy (at the present moment £28).

What is the point? I don't understand why and I don't want to encourage the cd equivalent of ticket touting on EBay. I don't mind admitting I don't like it and I dont like artists who do it.

Just release enough copies of the single so people who want it can buy it FFS.

Look at the recent Droolian item. It sold out quickly, people panicked and paid flippers for one, HH said they would repress and they did, and now its probably going to sit around for years until it sells out.

HH is also a business, trying to sell products. The only reason this promo single is desirable is because it is sold out. If they actually pressed up as many as "people wanted", people wouldn't buy them, and they'd be stuck with inventory.

Literally no one is forcing people to pay scalpers to own this. This whole entitled FOMO mentality with collecting is really tiring, and I am not just going to nod my head in agreement when someone spouts off.
mr sulcus
mr sulcus
399 posts

Jul 06, 2022, 18:04
I don't think it's meant as serious proper release - it looks to me like a CDR so they probably only did a run of 50 as a bit of fun for zero profit. Hence why there's no b side or poem or anything. Seeing as I heard about first from a non-cope friend I'd say the publicity was effective. It just wouldn't be worth making 100s particularly if they were burning them by hand. I find it's particularly good to deny the rabid collector every now and then.
Jeez
98 posts

Edited Jul 07, 2022, 02:54
Jul 07, 2022, 02:52
Citizensmurf wrote:

Literally no one is forcing people to pay scalpers to own this. This whole entitled FOMO mentality with collecting is really tiring, and I am not just going to nod my head in agreement when someone spouts off.

What is tiring is your "you don't have to buy it" argument that is similarly applied to Record Store Day releases bought up by scalpers. Do you apply the same argument when you have to pay resellers for gig tickets?

It's his new single btw. We should be able to buy it at a reasonable price without funding profiteering greedheads.
Animuskarl
6 posts

Jul 07, 2022, 13:33
Julian releases this, and shortly afterwards Johnson resigns. Hmmm.
Pages: 5 – [ Previous | 1 2 3 4 5 | Next ] Add a reply to this topic

Unsung Forum Index